• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Moving rapidly on from Plymouth. Find myself surprised, opening a pre-match thread for the first game in a competition that less than enthralls me. Yet it really couldn't come at a better time, could it? There are restrictions on the number of changes we are allowed to make (is it five or six?), yet surely ours will be made in order to experiment, rather than rest players.............apart from the mandatory change of Smith for Bentley.
I would certainly like to see Ibenfeldt paired up with Prosser in central defence.......would be interesting to see how Mads would do against Tubbs and the 'man mountain' (that's of course, if AFCW play them). At the other end, I'd like to see Worrall and Payne given a start and why not Layne (pity we still haven't got Wayne!:smile:). Maybe even throw Barnard in there for experience. Problem is, I'm tactically ignorant, so I don't know if and in what formation you could incorporate these?
Waiting to hear PB state that there is no need for many changes on Tuesday................and then see him make the maximum! :smile:

This is what I'd go for. If Ted Smith isn't away with England under 19s then put in Bentley.

T. Smith

White Prosser Mads Coker

Clifford Leonard

Worrall ............................Weston

Payne

Barnard​

Payne will 100% start and if he has yet another blinder then there is absolutely zero excuse for Phil to not start him in the league. He might just be that creative spark we're missing to reignite the strike force.

Payne will 100% start and if he has yet another blinder then there is absolutely zero excuse for Phil to not start him in the league. He might just be that creative spark we're missing to reignite the strike force.
How can you reignite what hasnt been lit in the first place, please PB give Layne or williams a run as strikers.

Doesn't matter what changes we make, we will create shed loads of chances, fail to score and then lose 1-0! Lol

I'd play all the fringe players in a game like this, and probably throw a few kids in too. The result doesn't matter.

Wouldn't risk Bentley possibly getting injured in some way. We don't need that. The result doesn't really matter, P.Smith will play

I'd play all the fringe players in a game like this, and probably throw a few kids in too. The result doesn't matter.

The result doesn't matter but the selection and performance does. I don't think PB is sure yet of his best starting eleven. A game like this is the perfect chance to experiment (friendlies are all very well but they don't have that competitive edge). Can someone remind us of the regulations for JPT........isn't something about playing at least six(?) from your last league game??? ChapperzUK's selection is pretty near the mark. I'd certainly like to see Layne brought on and given a bit of time.............. preferably not five minutes at the end.

The result doesn't matter but the selection and performance does. I don't think PB is sure yet of his best starting eleven. A game like this is the perfect chance to experiment (friendlies are all very well but they don't have that competitive edge). Can someone remind us of the regulations for JPT........isn't something about playing at least six(?) from your last league game??? ChapperzUK's selection is pretty near the mark. I'd certainly like to see Layne brought on and given a bit of time.............. preferably not five minutes at the end.

That is correct!

As has already been pointed out 6 of the team tomorrow must be made up of players that have played most of our league games so far this season. I can see us making the full amount of changes possible.

I know its early doors in the season so players shouldnt be "leggy", however I still would give some a breather.
So I would like to see

P.Smith

White Thompson Ibenfeldt Coker

Atkinson Leonard

Worrell Coulthirst

Payne

Barnard

The subs would include Layne, Deegan, Brown , Hurst and Clifford, Bridge The first 3 getting close to 30 mins each. Thompson needs the game time, Clifford gets a breather

3-5-2

P. Smith
Thompson Mads Pross
Worrall Coker
Leonard Clifford
Payne
Layne Coulthirst

...................p.smith....................
Thompson mads prosser coker
..................deegan.....................
Worrell.......................atkinson
..................payne.......................
....barnard...............coolthirst..

Back