• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Laindonblue16

Morning Everyone!

I have had it on good authority this morning that Dickson Etuhu has agreed to join us on trial and will play in a behind closed doors game later part of the week.

Wages could be a tumbling block, however he is keen to get back into football and Mr Brown loves a big name

Can't see this happening in a million years, we've just signed Deegan in that position. Would love it if it was true though, quality player.

Can't see this happening in a million years, we've just signed Deegan in that position. Would love it if it was true though, quality player.

Deegan's only a 3-month deal though. Interesting if true. I'm always a bit skeptical of first-time posters though (sorry LaindonBlue, no offence intended!).

Doesnt really seem like a position we want to fill and he had injury problems.

That said a first time poster posting that makes you wonder..

Morning Everyone!

I have had it on good authority this morning that Dickson Etuhu has agreed to join us on trial and will play in a behind closed doors game later part of the week.

Wages could be a tumbling block, however he is keen to get back into football and Mr Brown loves a big name

As in Jenga?

No a tumbling block is what Bolger does as an attacker spins past him .......... he puts in a block as he tumbles .... :facepalm:

Agree not top priority but a class act when fit and if Brown feels he is better than we already have and the budget allows it then whether it is a priority position or not and a player can improve us then get that player in. A midfield three of Etuhu, Clifford and Leonard is a midfield to fear.

He was a class act, but only 3 games last season doesnt indicate he is anymore.

I remember when we brought spencer prior back in a few years back. By then the defence was sorted. When prior became available, Tilly moved in. He was a mile better than anyone else in that 'sorted' defence and made a massive difference

He was a class act, but only 3 games last season doesnt indicate he is anymore.

Which is why a trial is perfectly sensible. If he still has the quality he did then ****ing great, he'll walk into our midfield. If he doesn't, then it's no biggie.

I'm surprised he's even considering L2, I'm sure L1 teams would want him at the very least, if he can prove his fitness.

From Wiki.

On 29 August 2008, Etuhu announced that he was having a medical with Premier League side Fulham, before joining for a fee of around £1.5 million on a three-year contract at Craven Cottage.[6] Etuhu scored his first goal for Fulham on Easter Sunday 2009 in a game against his former club Manchester City in the 59th minute to put Fulham up 2–1 after a goal from American Clint Dempsey in the 50th minute.[7]

He scored his first goal in European Competition, and his first goal at Craven Cottage, the week after his first son was born with a header to put Fulham 1–0 up against Lithuanian team FK Vetra. On 28 August 2010, Etuhu rescued his team in a match vs. Blackpool, by scoring in the 87th minute and playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–2 draw, at Bloomfield Road. On 18 September 2010, Etuhu played the full 90 minutes against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park in a 1–1 draw. In September 2010, Etuhu, signed a three-year contract extension, which will see him contracted to Craven Cottage until summer 2014. He made his 50th Premier League appearance for them against Newcastle United, in a 0–0 draw on 13 November, when he replaced Zoltan Gera, in the 69th minute in the game at St James' Park. Etuhu scored his fifth goal in Fulham colours when he netted the second in a 6–2 victory over Peterborough United on 8 January 2011, playing the full 90 minutes in the FA Cup 3rd round. On 5 March he started and completed the full ninety minutes in a 3–2 win over Blackburn. On 3 April, he scored on 72 minutes thanks to an assist from defender Brede Hangeland in the game against Blackpool at Craven Cottage, playing the full 90 minutes in a 3–0 victory. On 9 April, he started the 2–0 defeat against Manchester United at Old Trafford but was replaced on 67 minutes by Zoltán Gera.[8]

On 3 August 2012, Fulham announced that Etuhu had left the club to join Danny Murphy at Blackburn Rovers.[9]

Blackburn Rovers[edit]
On 3 August 2012, Etuhu joined Blackburn Rovers on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.[10] He scored his first goal for Blackburn on 29 September 2012 against Charlton Athletic.[11]

On July 01 2014, Etuhu had his contract with Rovers terminated by mutual consent having had his time with Rovers plagued with injuries and only managing 23 games for the club in his 2 year spell.

Trial seems a wise move if true, but did Julien Bennett come through a trial? Given last 2 years track record I would be worried unless clear evidence of injury mode gone. As stated we have umpteen of the best midfielders in this league and options galore, Timmo to come back etc, do we really need another midfielder. If we could afford his wages we could afford a similarly slightly risky ex Premier striker?

I remember Efe Sodje delivering a very forceful tackle on him at Norwich boxing day 2006

He nearly ran me over in his Chrysler C300 at the junction of Prince of Wales Road and Riverside Road about 7 or 8 years ago. Therefore I'm out.

Back