• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

Completely agree about Clyne, but Chambers was much improved last night compared to Thursday and he actually put in some decent crosses. Estonia obviously tried to target him - almost every time they broke they did so down our right - but he stood up to the challenge well enough. My biggest fear is that he'll go the same route of Phil Jones and never get an extended spell in any one position due to his club's **** poor transfer policy.

Chambers was signed to be a centre half, he has played right back for Southampton but is only playing right back due to injuries at Arsenal.

Despite their reputation, Brazil have had their fair share of midfielders whose second touch was a tackle.

And Pubey is lucky he missed Danny Mills.
Ha - now that reminds me of the WCQF in 2002. Do you remember how that thug Ronaldinho took out Mills?

England weren't too bad. Controlled the game and never looked under any threat. It was a routine qualification match and a routine qualification performance.

England weren't too bad. Controlled the game and never looked under any threat. It was a routine qualification match and a routine qualification performance.

I agree. As some of us where saying after the game its very hard to break 10 men down.

Thursday night game was slight easier due to the players only being part time. Sundays game was always going to be harder as they are a better footballing side.

Either way 3 wins, 3 clean sheets, top of the table and if we win every game 1-0 from now we will win the Euros :hilarious:

Two more friendlies confirmed for England. Home games against France in November 2015 and Germany in March 2016.

Two more friendlies confirmed for England. Home games against France in November 2015 and Germany in March 2016.

More International 'friendlies' with somewhat more on the line than your average friendly if history is anything to go by. Is this a new policy from the fixture secretary at the FA?

More International 'friendlies' with somewhat more on the line than your average friendly if history is anything to go by. Is this a new policy from the fixture secretary at the FA?

Given the lack of big games in our Euro 2016 qualifying group, there is clearly a need to get some marquee opposition to Wembley. A long way away, but I can see myself going to one if not both of these.

It's not about providing meaningful contests but filling £60(?) seats.

I thought I'd heard Germany was an away game. Apparently not.

I understand why the FA book these high-profile games but they don't help our ranking points and really that is the important thing as that determines seedings. We should have had Switzerland's spot in the seeds in the World Cup but didn't because we keep playing the likes of Brazil and Germany.

I understand why the FA book these high-profile games but they don't help our ranking points and really that is the important thing as that determines seedings. We should have had Switzerland's spot in the seeds in the World Cup but didn't because we keep playing the likes of Brazil and Germany.

Well on the Englandfans site, it says

[h=4]England will take on UEFA Euro 2016 hosts France and world champions Germany after The FA finalised negotiations with the FFF and DFB.[/h]The FA is also in discussions with European title-holders Spain and World Cup semi-finalists the Netherlands following positive talks with the RFEF and KNVB. Those fixtures would take place prior to the Euros and further details will follow.

This potential quartet of international fixtures will complement England’s final qualifying matches for the UEFA European Championship, with Roy Hodgson’s men six points clear at the top of Group E.

Subject to UEFA Euro qualification, Hodgson’s side face France at Wembley Stadium connected by EE on 17 November next year, kick-off 8pm, and Germany away in March 2016.

The FA has already announced fixtures against Italy (venue TBC) on Tuesday 31 March and Republic of Ireland at Dublin’s Aviva Stadium Sunday 7 June.

England manager Roy Hodgson said: “It’s very encouraging that our search for opposition in the international weeks has led to quality teams such as France, Spain and Germany - with Italy and the Republic of Ireland already announced for 2015.

"They will complement the important Euro qualifiers which remain the top priority and we are taking nothing for granted. However, these six potential fixtures will provide the type of test we’re looking for going forward.”

Club England managing director Adrian Bevington said: “It's important for Roy and the team that we arrange fixtures against first-class European opponents with a view to Euro 2016.

"We also want international fixtures that are attractive to our supporters at Wembley and away from home. Roy is happy with the programme we are finalising and I'm sure everyone will look forward to matches against Europe's elite.”

FA Group commercial director Stuart Turner said: “We are proud that priority access tickets for these games will be offered exclusively to members of the England Supporters’ Club and England Supporters’ Travel Club which launched last summer and so far has had a remarkable response with over 111,000 members signed up.”

Read more at https://englandsupporters.thefa.com...take-on-europe-39-s-elite#6yMydQkgVWut7GEm.99

Ah, I got this in an England Supporters Club email...

"Subject to UEFA Euro qualification, Hodgson’s side face France at Wembley Stadium connected by EE on 17 November next year, kick-off 8pm, and Germany in March 2016."

But it looks much clearer in bucket & spade's post...

Roy Hodgson has given Gareth Southgate the green light to select who he wants for next summer's U21 Euros.

Fully established, yet eliglible, players like Wilshere and Oxlade-Chamberlain won't be called up, but you can imagine Southgate will be calling on the likes of Chambers, Shaw, Stones, Berahino et al. Good news I think

(Assuming no late 'injuries' invented by their respective clubs of course)

I think I'd like to see the Ox go to the U21s. He isn't established in the side and missed out on the World Cup this summer.

No point Wilshere going of course.

Only saw the last ten minutes and I understand we were lucky to be in touch at half time but I'm pretty please with that result and where we currently are.

I really, really hope that he doesn't experiment much against Ireland. We - or I - cannot lose that match. Good grief.

If only we had some defenders.

I only saw the second half. Felt very much like the world cup games. Unable to get the ball, keep the ball and wasteful in good positions.

Theo played himself out of the squad IMO, while Townsend showed he's a useful option from the bench.

Apparently if Carrick makes the 2016 squad he'll have the longest England career since Matthews.

With a significant pinch of 'benefit of hindsight', are we starting to see how England could have achieved quite a lot more if Carrick was regularly picked for England over the past 8-12 years? Individually not as good as Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard etc but a vital player doing important work.

I also though Clyne showed naivety, but is worth purservering with seeing as we don't have any decent competition at right-back at the mo, at least until Walker develops a brain.

Hart
Clyne - Cahill - Jags - Baines
Henderson - Carrick - Delph
Sterling - Rooney - Welbeck

Not a bad team at all on paper, with players in their best positions and a mixture of pace, skill and reasonably solid in defence too.

Back