• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Local restaurant recommendations

Bobby Jo's Diner on Southend Seafront by the Kurssaal?

I was ill last time I went there. Had a hot dog and it was clear it was a cheap 30p frankfurter. I expected better if I'm paying £8 for it.

That's the one. Eaten there a few times and food has always been very good. Freshly cooked and freshly tasty too.

Toulouse on Westcliff sea front. Great value on the lunch or early evening menu. £14.50 for 2 courses or £17.95 for 3 courses. Good food in an upmarket setting. Really nice local owners who deserve peoples support.

Toulouse on Westcliff sea front. Great value on the lunch or early evening menu. £14.50 for 2 courses or £17.95 for 3 courses. Good food in an upmarket setting. Really nice local owners who deserve peoples support.

My wife has always like the name.We'll have to check it out one of these days.:thumbsup:

My wife has always like the name.We'll have to check it out one of these days.:thumbsup:

That's because it used to be a ladies and gents public toilet. Rather like the Ocean Beach where you still have access as a non eating member of public but the restaurant provide a much cleaner and usable toilet.

It took the council 12 years to decide what to do with the derelict building which is now the Ocean beach. I think we are up to 34 years now for our football stadium.

Last edited:
Finally got to eat at Cucina in Leigh on Sea last night as it was hubby's birthday. Beautiful food and excellent service - bit pricey, couldn't do anything but recommend, though, for a treat or if you have the kind of job where you can happily pay £100ish for two!

Finally got to eat at Cucina in Leigh on Sea last night as it was hubby's birthday. Beautiful food and excellent service - bit pricey, couldn't do anything but recommend, though, for a treat or if you have the kind of job where you can happily pay £100ish for two!

Glad you enjoyed it.

I went there a while ago and really struggled with the menu - None of the dishes really appealed to me.

I work right by there and they do a reasonable lunch set menu. The calamari is lovely.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I went there a while ago and really struggled with the menu - None of the dishes really appealed to me.
I love veal, and in my experience, only a good Italian restaurant cooks it well. It's the only time I will ever have it. The specials were good too, plenty of fish - John Dory, monkfish and sea bream. Hubby loves a steak and the one he had was delicious.

I work right by there and they do a reasonable lunch set menu. The calamari is lovely.
Calamari was amazing! You can obviously have pizza or pasta much more cheaply, and the risottos sounded great too.

Back