• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Local restaurant recommendations

I went back to The Anchor for a midweek meal.

My choice of the fixed price menu was great but a few members of my group selected items from the main menu and weren't impressed.

Went to Billy Hundreds on the beach by the Marine Activities Centre.

Very good.
Certainly in my top 3, much better than the Ocean Beach.

Good luck to the owner, his family and staff they always found them to be great. When you here about his battle for years with our council you understand why we still may never get a stadium.

Last edited:
Why would anyone with money in their pocket want to spend an evening in that part of town?

Re-opened as Colenzos after the company behind Bourgee went into administration (despite allegedly selling gift vouchers right up to day it closed, not telling customers who had booked tables etc....). Oh wait, the 2 directors of the company behind colenzos were also directors of Bourgee. They are not accepting Bourgee gift vouchers.

I hope people boycott the new restaurant.

Not local in any way, but if anyone gets the chance, do go to The Black Swan at Oldstead!

Closer to home (can't remember if I've already mentioned this) but Tasty Bites on the High Road in Benfleet is bloody good grub at a fair price. They do a good breakfast and fantastic omelettes, plus a range of paninis and breakfast combos.

Re-opened as Colenzos after the company behind Bourgee went into administration (despite allegedly selling gift vouchers right up to day it closed, not telling customers who had booked tables etc....). Oh wait, the 2 directors of the company behind colenzos were also directors of Bourgee. They are not accepting Bourgee gift vouchers.
I hope people boycott the new restaurant.

Such a shame, their afternoon tea was wonderful. I'd booked my mum and dad one through Groupon and was able to get mine refunded through them.

Our latest visits to the Pearl Dragon and Padrinos were both very good and more than enough to merit a mention on this thread.

I do like a meal at Bobby Jo's

Bobby Jo's Diner on Southend Seafront by the Kurssaal?

I was ill last time I went there. Had a hot dog and it was clear it was a cheap 30p frankfurter. I expected better if I'm paying £8 for it.

Back