• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why do people keep saying without Bentley we would have lost, his job is to save shots. It's like saying without our goalscroer, whoever that maybe, we wouldn't have scored.

He pulled off a couple of very good saves that not every keeper would have saved. Much the same as a striker may score a goal (none of ours clearly) that another striker (probably ours) would miss

I too am bemused by the lethargy after the interval. Yep, we pressed hard in the first half but our energy levels are supposedly top notch so to see us flounder so was a bit alarming.

Bentley - ditto Manor15
White - too languid to be a captain
Thompson - always scared when he plays but despite a couple of shaky moments did ok.
Prosser - commanding in the air, but if it wasn't a pen why didn't he berate Hylton rather than let him chirp in his ear before and after the conversion?
Coker - average and went off with serious looking arm injury near the end.
Leonard - looked frustrated and laboured.
Atkinson - bright start but disappeared....as is his want.
Clifford - very good bar wayward shooting.
Payne - delighted he started and scored, went off far too early.
Colqhuirst (sic?) - agreed he doesnt like an ariel challenge, and wasn't great, but very unfair to say he is lazy, spent all the first half sprinting to close down their back five.
Weston - obviously a telent but needs to see/demand the ball more.

good first half......poor second half, find it hard to explain why......but that is football for you, roll on next week and lets see if we can improve for both half's

Absolutely beyond belief how a team that bossed the first half so convincingly then rolled over totally in the second. Think people are being a little harsh on some, John White put some extremely good crosses into the box in the first half, trouble was we didn't have the height in there to make the best use of them.

Playing such a short forward line, we really shouldn't have been pumping the ball high so often. Dan's distribution didn't help at all because it was either too high or just not aimed well. So many times Coker was unmarked in acres of space and the throw out always went to the right wing.

Someone needs to get Lenny some help. He's really missing Tims, and looks as if he's totally out of sorts. He's taking too much on his shoulders....I thought Conor was the more defensive of the two, yet he's getting forward more and I think that's affecting Lenny.

Weston was missing in action today, never saw anything from him. For God's sake, lets have Barnard start a game so we can at least get an idea of what he's got from the start.

Bentley - 7, some great saves but really poor distribution
White - 7, think some on here are far too harsh on him
Thompson - 6, still learning, today was a hard lesson
Prosser - 6, massive fan usually but today was not good
Coker - 7, that free kick first half should never have been taken by him, did ok, hope the injury's not too bad
Clifford - 7, my Player of the Season so far
Leonard - 6, poor Lenny, we need you to find your mojo asap
Atkinson - 7, never gave up throughout, kept pressing and challenging
Payne - 9, easy MOTM, just needs to work on his stamina some more, caused them no end of trouble
Weston - 6, not quite understanding his role at the moment
Coulthirst - 7, put himself about, desperately needs a goal to shake the money off his back

Subs:
Worrall for Payne - 6, another that needs to start a game
Corr for Coulthirst - 6, that defence was short, he ought to have been able to bully them
Hurst for Leonard - 7, looked a bit more threatening when he came on

Oxford had some very tricky players, their league position doesn't do them justice.

Officials - linos were both pretty good, but someone please tell me what the heck the ref was on? The Payne non-penalty was far more justified than the Oxford one he gave. Some of his decision making was very poor.

Absolutely beyond belief how a team that bossed the first half so convincingly then rolled over totally in the second. Think people are being a little harsh on some, John White put some extremely good crosses into the box in the first half, trouble was we didn't have the height in there to make the best use of them.

Playing such a short forward line, we really shouldn't have been pumping the ball high so often. Dan's distribution didn't help at all because it was either too high or just not aimed well. So many times Coker was unmarked in acres of space and the throw out always went to the right wing.

Someone needs to get Lenny some help. He's really missing Tims, and looks as if he's totally out of sorts. He's taking too much on his shoulders....I thought Conor was the more defensive of the two, yet he's getting forward more and I think that's affecting Lenny.

Weston was missing in action today, never saw anything from him. For God's sake, lets have Barnard start a game so we can at least get an idea of what he's got from the start.

Bentley - 7, some great saves but really poor distribution
White - 7, think some on here are far too harsh on him
Thompson - 6, still learning, today was a hard lesson
Prosser - 6, massive fan usually but today was not good
Coker - 7, that free kick first half should never have been taken by him, did ok, hope the injury's not too bad
Clifford - 7, my Player of the Season so far
Leonard - 6, poor Lenny, we need you to find your mojo asap
Atkinson - 7, never gave up throughout, kept pressing and challenging
Payne - 9, easy MOTM, just needs to work on his stamina some more, caused them no end of trouble
Weston - 6, not quite understanding his role at the moment
Coulthirst - 7, put himself about, desperately needs a goal to shake the money off his back

Subs:
Worrall for Payne - 6, another that needs to start a game
Corr for Coulthirst - 6, that defence was short, he ought to have been able to bully them
Hurst for Leonard - 7, looked a bit more threatening when he came on

Oxford had some very tricky players, their league position doesn't do them justice.

Officials - linos were both pretty good, but someone please tell me what the heck the ref was on? The Payne non-penalty was far more justified than the Oxford one he gave. Some of his decision making was very poor.

Seriously! A couple of shaky balls out in the first half but his early throws out to the wings in the second half were sublime with pin point accuracy

Bentley 7 poor first half but 2 good stops in the second.
White 6.5 him and Coker had no support infront of them, first time either got forward though and it helped produce the goal.
Prosser 6.5 did a solid job.
Thompson 7 prefer him to Bolger.
Coker 6.5 no support and couldn't get forward much

Atkinson 6.5 box to box but didn't produce when in good positions.
Clifford 6 thought he had a really average game and gave the ball away a lot.
Leonard 6.5 did an okay job. Not as influential so far this season.

Coulthurst 7 good link up play and is getting harsh criticism. Needs a goal.
Payne 8 head and shoulders above the others today.
Weston 6.5 took him ages to get in to the game. Did well in spurts.

Subs all 6.

I want 442 but feel the players would take a long time to adapt to that as we have played this way for ages.

Seriously! A couple of shaky balls out in the first half but his early throws out to the wings in the second half were sublime with pin point accuracy

Bentley's throwing is excellent however his kicking is abysmal, he seems to just whack it and hope for the best, something he definitely needs to improve on if he wants to make the England under 21 squad.

Bentley's throwing is excellent however his kicking is abysmal, he seems to just whack it and hope for the best, something he definitely needs to improve on if he wants to make the England under 21 squad.

Throwing is distribution is it not? His kicking isn't the best but my point was OBL was said his distribution was really poor. Actually, it wasn't that poor as his quick throws were excellent

Throwing is distribution is it not? His kicking isn't the best but my point was OBL was said his distribution was really poor. Actually, it wasn't that poor as his quick throws were excellent

But he never looked for options, that's why it was poor to me, as I said, Coker was free and unmarked a lot in the first half - as he is and has been often in previous games - yet Dan seems to nearly always throw out to the right. It's as if he ONLY looks for Hurst or for White. He gets rid too quickly the majority of the time.

Strange match. Looked like 4-3-1-2 with Payne in the hole. This worked brilliantly in the 1st half and justifies PB's decision to build the team round him. HOWEVER, when he went off they seemed to sit back and revert to 4-5-1, and that seemed to allow Oxford more room for their defenders to push forward. They pinned us back and we were lucky to get a point. I feel, if we'd have moved to 4-4-2 with BBBC up top at that stage we would have gone on to win it. It's screamed of a manager under pressure, trying to preserve 1-0. Keep the faith all. We've got a strong squad and I think we'll be fine.

Bentley 7 (on average) Just a 5 for 1st half for poor distribution, which nearly led to a goal. 9 for the 2nd. Two fantastic saves
White 6.5 Defended well.
Coker 6.5 Played ok. Was making good runs down the line, but we were slow finding him
Thompson 7 Best i've seen him play. May has secured a start for next week
Prosser 7 Very strong in the air. A good pro that gave his all

Atkinson 6.5 Busted a gut for the team.
Clifford 6.5 Gets outmuscled at times, but look good again
Leonard 6.5 OK. Not up to last seasons levels yet

Coulthurst 6.5 Played ok. Needs a tap-in to get going
Payne 8 (My MOTM) looked dangerous in the hole. Made things happen
Weston 6.5 Looks quick and tricky. Also needs a tap-in

Worrall 6.5 Looked ok. Deserves a start soon
Corr 6 Very average. Didn't look particularly bothered.
Hurst 6.5 Ok.

But he never looked for options, that's why it was poor to me, as I said, Coker was free and unmarked a lot in the first half - as he is and has been often in previous games - yet Dan seems to nearly always throw out to the right. It's as if he ONLY looks for Hurst or for White. He gets rid too quickly the majority of the time.

Coker looked nervous yesterday and played a very negative game. As for looking for options, the whole point of a quick throw is to make it quick. Looking for options means the opposition have re-formed position. We nearly scored form a quick throw from Bentley which was an exquisite pin point throw, Had he looked for options, that throw would have been negated by Bentley having to think about his options

I thought yesterday that the right side was our better outlet to be honest, Coker had no support in front of him and was nearly always forced to go back inside to Prosser.

I noticed a couple of things out of interest or maybe not......Thompson screwed up and then took the player out to stop the advantage.....yellow Card and a hands up from him to the rest of the defence for the mistake.......Bentley kicks the ball straight to one of their midfielders and fortunately nothing came of it...not a word or hand up to say he screwed up instead stood there and moaned at Lenny and Atkinson for not getting to the ball which was kicked about 15 yards away from them, seems that some of the players are starting to feel the pressure and getting at each other

Back