• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I wonder if the likes of White, Prosser, Coker, Clifford and Atkinson would agree that they failed to give 100%?

Nobody gave 100% second half. We were shocking and couldn't link 2 passes together. Worst half of football I've seen in a very long time

Simple. He is used to teenage football and is far too leightweight to play a man's game.

For someone from a higher level his body language and movement off the ball is abysmal.

He kept shrugging at his team mates as if to say why no service , but made no effort to find space.

Jack Payne was always finding pockets of space and did not stop running. He found the ball plenty of times.

In terms of chances he had our best chance of the match with the first half header.

My frustration is as much with how one-footed he is.

In terms of chances he had our best chance of the match with the first half header.

My frustration is as much with how one-footed he is.

If that was our BEST chance then that surely proves what the problem is regarding our lack of goals?

Yes he is. He's 1.76m tall which equates to 5ft 9 and one quarter in bare feet. Add the boots, easily 5ft 10

Don't forget, of course, that the 6'3" defender marking him is also wearing boots, so let's not add extra for that. He's still about 3-6 inches shorter than the guys who are likely to be marking him.

For clarity, I'm not wading into this debate, just pointing out that you're being a bit unfair in your argument.

Was watching Gillette SS and Paul Dickov and another guy were talking about loan players and They both agree the parent club can demand anything they want including their player must play every game or penalties will occur.

How's that work? Coulthirst played on Saturday, but the ref gave us nothing.

Just checking to see if this thread is still way off topic.

Has anyone found this mythical contract ?

Here is a little story for the children.
Are we all sitting comfortably ?
Then I'll begin.

Once upon a time , SUFC's nasty Scottish Manager (Paul McSturrock I think his name was ) signed a player called Gavin Tomlin.
Well poor Gavin huffed and puffed , but could not find the way to goal for love nor money.
"Get rid of him" shouted the East Reds ( echoed by the angry SZ mob of doom mongers ).
"Worst player since our last worst player" they cried !
Poor Gavin.
As each match went by and chances were missed , he almost sunk without trace.
And then......
A miracle happened , Gavin scored a goal , and then some more , and was also creating chances.
Well those in the East Reds almost choked on their Werthers and the SZ hate mob stopped typing for a while.
History was re-written.
Our Gavin was now a hero and all those nasty things were just lies and rumours made up by others.
It was if it had never happened.
Now , none of us know the future for young Shaq yet , but you never know kiddies , you never know.....
Make sure you buy my new book to find out.

Very good that but we are not ALL like that in the East Reds though! Believe or not some are quite supportive of our lads....:winking:

I'm only teasing.
In fact I've got my season ticket in the East Reds this season , and I know there are a lot of good , supportive fans in there.
Still quite a few moaners though , but that's the same the world over I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back