• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As I said earlier in the week, going by PB's comments it was clear what his game plan was going to be yesterday. Nick a goal and shut up shop.

I dont care what anybody says, that approach against a very poor side is very negative. The goal we got should of been the catalyst to go on the front foot looking for blood.

Brown does the complete opposite and it cost us the 3 points.

Why oh why are we trotting out second half at home, with a goal lead against a poor side, with the instruction to shut up shop?

As I said earlier in the week, going by PB's comments it was clear what his game plan was going to be yesterday. Nick a goal and shut up shop.

I dont care what anybody says, that approach against a very poor side is very negative. The goal we got should of been the catalyst to go on the front foot looking for blood.

Why oh why are we trotting out second half at home, with a goal lead against a poor side, with the instruction to shut up shop?

Absolutely spot on, well said that man!!

This is why I decided not to go yesterday!,Phil IMO is far too defensive .

Actually I found the stats and comments posted in the closed thread very interesting, and ones certainly not to be ignored. However I dont think it is necessary to continually open a new thread on each occasion to represent them. At the same time we need to cherish the freedom of speech and I am sure Mods try not to become to golden hatted, and the role cannot be easy on here!

There's nothing wrong with having a negative opinion on something and voicing it on here. It becomes a problem when someone voices that same opinion over and over again on multiple different threads, despite everyone being well aware of their opinion. It gets tiresome when even a completely unrelated thread becomes hijacked and is turned into another opportunity to tell everyone how **** everything is!

Totally pathetic reason not to support the team in my opinion. You need to get out more as it is, rather than living on Shrimperzone moaning.

Agree totally. Was very disappointing but acceptable to some on here as 1-1 is viewed as good enough

Agree totally. Was very disappointing but acceptable to some on here as 1-1 is viewed as good enough

Absolutely not. I haven't read anywhere from anyone that 1-1 was good enough.

What it isn't though is the cataclysmic debacle that you and some others are making out either.

Any credibility that you do have (and to be fair to you, you do have a point in some areas) will be totally lost if you don't attend the games.

Any credibility that you do have (and to be fair to you, you do have a point in some areas) will be totally lost if you don't attend the games.

I should have lied and said I went then !

I see what you mean though but for my money I want to see us killing teams not clinging on for the 1 0,This factor IMO has been occurring far too long and it simply does not work.

Absolutely not. I haven't read anywhere from anyone that 1-1 was good enough.

What it isn't though is the cataclysmic debacle that you and some others are making out either.

I think what people are saying is that it's acceptable because Oxford equalised and we hung on so 1-1 is acceptable.

First half was good and we should never have been in the position we were in second half. Going 1-0 up then defending it is the worst possible scenario. How many more games do we have to tolerate it? It will be a cataclysmic debacle if it carrie on and we drop furthers down the division. Player confidence goes downhill, fans get on their backs, PB has no plan b and we sink.

You may say I'm being over dramatic, but it could easily happen.

yes we should and everything else you posted above becomes immaterial. The fact we didn't finish them off in the first half is the most annoying part of the whole game. PB would rather defend a 1-0 lead and hope we don't concede whereas killing the opposition off negates the need to go into panic/defend deep mode for 45 mins

I agree it was very frustrating that we did not kill them off in the first half. However this was not due to a lack of attacking intent, more misplaced passes or a lack of control in attacking positions. It was also noticeable that our energy levels dropped towards the end of the first half. It is all very well saying we should have killed them off, we didn't.

I suspect that our game plan for the 2nd half was more of the same but Oxford upped their game considerably and were attacking us with will through the middle. My only issue is with the Jack Payne substitution - not that he was substituted ( I thought he was brilliant first half but looked very tired second half) but who replaced him. I would rather Deegan came on to help shore up the middle and give us a more solid base to build on. Some may though consider this too defensive.

Before the match I would have been disappointed with a point but at the end with Clifford and Coker both passengers I was quite relieved. Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit and Oxford improved considerably 2nd half. They have had a poor start (kind of puts ours in perspective doesn't it?) but I very much doubt they will finish in the bottom half.

This is typical shrimperzone. The "Main" posters all get away with beings mugs to people and the ones that face facts and say we are **** get moaned at for not being postive and abused.

Actually getting results? If you call 1-1 against a very poor Oxford who had only managed one point until yesterday then fine. We should have been 3 up by half time yesterday and well clear with 3 points in the bag but we capitulated, as we have done so often this season so far. Yesterday wasn't a result, it was a nightmare

Well we have 2 wins, 3 full time draws and 3 defeats (1 against a team from the league above). I see some results in there. One of the defeats we had 10 men for most of the game also.

And as OBL has pointed out to you, Oxford were definitely one of the better sides we have played this season, they should have won yesterday and I don't know how you can say we should have been 3 up at half time, they should have had a couple themselves if you are looking at it that way.
We got out played in the second half and still managed to get a point. The way we performed in the second half was a bit of a nightmare yes but nothing that can't be put right in the next game.

I agree it was very frustrating that we did not kill them off in the first half. However this was not due to a lack of attacking intent, more misplaced passes or a lack of control in attacking positions. It was also noticeable that our energy levels dropped towards the end of the first half. It is all very well saying we should have killed them off, we didn't.

I suspect that our game plan for the 2nd half was more of the same but Oxford upped their game considerably and were attacking us with will through the middle. My only issue is with the Jack Payne substitution - not that he was substituted ( I thought he was brilliant first half but looked very tired second half) but who replaced him. I would rather Deegan came on to help shore up the middle and give us a more solid base to build on. Some may though consider this too defensive.

Before the match I would have been disappointed with a point but at the end with Clifford and Coker both passengers I was quite relieved. Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit and Oxford improved considerably 2nd half. They have had a poor start (kind of puts ours in perspective doesn't it?) but I very much doubt they will finish in the bottom half.

I suppose it could be argued that we should give the credit to their manager for their change of system in the second half,
and criticise our manager for not having a response to their changes?

Well we have 2 wins, 3 full time draws and 3 defeats (1 against a team from the league above). I see some results in there. One of the defeats we had 10 men for most of the game also.

And as OBL has pointed out to you, Oxford were definitely one of the better sides we have played this season, they should have won yesterday and I don't know how you can say we should have been 3 up at half time, they should have had a couple themselves if you are looking at it that way.
We got out played in the second half and still managed to get a point. The way we performed in the second half was a bit of a nightmare yes but nothing that can't be put right in the next game.

No they weren't. First half they were one of the worst teams I've seen at the Hall in a long time. Second half we were woeful and let them boss the game. They were second bottom for a reason.

No they weren't. First half they were one of the worst teams I've seen at the Hall in a long time. Second half we were woeful and let them boss the game. They were second bottom for a reason.

I disagree, they weren't that bad. Second half I agree Oxford got on top, which is down to Brown and the players.
Oxford haven't been spanked at all this season, they are losing by the odd goal and have actually had some decent cup results v Bristol City and West Brom.

I should have lied and said I went then !

I see what you mean though but for my money I want to see us killing teams not clinging on for the 1 0,This factor IMO has been occurring far too long and it simply does not work.

Don't we all. But if you don't go you can't speak with any personal experience of what actually happened.

I disagree, they weren't that bad. Second half I agree Oxford got on top, which is down to Brown and the players.
Oxford haven't been spanked at all this season, they are losing by the odd goal and have actually had some decent cup results v Bristol City and West Brom.

I too thought Oxford were diabolical, i would guess that is mainly the reason for peoples frustrations.

Back