• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
Southend aren't playing well, we are in trouble no matter what the rose tinted brigade think. We aren't scoring goals, we aren't playing as a team and we are sliding down the table. You are going to get negative threads about a whole host of things.

Even with the positive things like Payne, someone pipes up that he isn't winning headers. So, there is negative wherever we look. By deleting threads that are negative, there is no freedom if speech

I don't have a problem with negative threads or posts but the countless rehashing of opinions into new threads does get a little tedious.

Southend aren't playing well, we are in trouble no matter what the rose tinted brigade think. We aren't scoring goals, we aren't playing as a team and we are sliding down the table. You are going to get negative threads about a whole host of things.

Even with the positive things like Payne, someone pipes up that he isn't winning headers. So, there is negative wherever we look. By deleting threads that are negative, there is no freedom if speech

We went up a place yesterday.

I don't have a problem with negative threads or posts but the countless rehashing of opinions into new threads does get a little tedious.

I want to talk about how great we are playing or smashing teams or their keeper making wonder saves or shots hitting the woodwork or one of our guys scoring a hat trick or we are flying in the table,I really want to.

Continual negativity drives members away. Especially by the person concerned and this will not be allowed to happen.

The alternative is to ban the the member.

Actually, aside from the second half yesterday, we are playing well. We played brilliantly on Tuesday at Wimbledon but the problem was that we conceded two goals.

It's nothing to do with freedom of speech. It's just to stop an endless rehash of the same old threads that end up in a slanging match between the same old people. I'd rather the two threads we've already had this season - "Barneys photo album" and "We are being mugged off" were either pinned or the top or put into a new forum called "Shrimpermoan Gold" or something like that. It's nothing different.

By all means moan, just stop the personal stuff. Sadly, some people can't do that and it's just boring for everyone else that wants to discuss football.

Actually, aside from the second half yesterday, we are playing well. We played brilliantly on Tuesday at Wimbledon but the problem was that we conceded two goals.

It's nothing to do with freedom of speech. It's just to stop an endless rehash of the same old threads that end up in a slanging match between the same old people. I'd rather the two threads we've already had this season - "Barneys photo album" and "We are being mugged off" were either pinned or the top or put into a new forum called "Shrimpermoan Gold" or something like that. It's nothing different.

By all means moan, just stop the personal stuff. Sadly, some people can't do that and it's just boring for everyone else that wants to discuss football.

I should add, the above is just my opinion. I'm not a mod so can't affect what threads are closed or not.

Whilst the majority of us don't, it is fine to post negative threads but the re-working and re-hashing of the same thing over and over again ad infinitum by the same person is what is being objected to.

We all expect Wiggy to put in an appearance when things are going well, but it's ONE thread, not 10!

No problem with negative threads but the ones at the moment just seem a complete over reaction.

We have a bunch of off form decent players and we are actually still getting results. 6 points off top is nothing to worry about at this stage of the season and I believe the players can find form.

I see no problem with negative threads if written in a constructive manner ie. X is not playing well, we should try Y or discussing alternative formations. What comes very tedious is repetitive threads with selective statistics and no willingness to enter into serious debate.

This is a forum for discussion so of course there is a wide range of views. You believe the club is in trouble, fair enough I respect that. Personally I have seen enough in our performances (albeit not yet consistently) to suggest we have the basis of a good team.

Either way it is a matter of opinion, not fact, as to whether the club is in trouble. The fact that I do not believe it is does not make me a member of "the rose tinted brigade"

No problem with negative threads but the ones at the moment just seem a complete over reaction.

We have a bunch of off form decent players and we are actually still getting results. 6 points off top is nothing to worry about at this stage of the season and I believe the players can find form.

Actually getting results? If you call 1-1 against a very poor Oxford who had only managed one point until yesterday then fine. We should have been 3 up by half time yesterday and well clear with 3 points in the bag but we capitulated, as we have done so often this season so far. Yesterday wasn't a result, it was a nightmare

Actually getting results? If you call 1-1 against a very poor Oxford who had only managed one point until yesterday then fine. We should have been 3 up by half time yesterday and well clear with 3 points in the bag but we capitulated, as we have done so often this season so far. Yesterday wasn't a result, it was a nightmare

It really wasn't, Oxford, particularly in the 2nd half were a far superior side to, say, Stevenage. The guy with no number on his back and the no. 28 were both quick and nimble and caused a lot of trouble to our pretty experienced defence.

It really wasn't, Oxford, particularly in the 2nd half were a far superior side to, say, Stevenage. The guy with no number on his back and the no. 28 were both quick and nimble and caused a lot of trouble to our pretty experienced defence.

If you were happy with a point and you thought that was a result, I am pleased for you

Constructive negative threads are fine, but when you start off by insulting anybody that disagrees with you, then you really don't do yourself any favours

Constructive negative threads are fine, but when you start off by insulting anybody that disagrees with you, then you really don't do yourself any favours

Is rose tinted brigade insulting people?

Some people do only see positives and can't see negatives. It's the way we are made up

Is rose tinted brigade insulting people?

Some people do only see positives and can't see negatives. It's the way we are made up

Just because people don't agree with a particular negative, doesn't mean that they can't see any. To lump all people who happen to disagree with one particular point into one "rose tinted brigade" is an insult

If you were happy with a point and you thought that was a result, I am pleased for you

That's not what I said at all, is it?

I was thankful we managed to hold on for a point in the end. Oxford were all over us for the vast majority of the second half, we had a number of players on bookings and finished with Clifford playing with an obvious limp and Coker having had to go off with an elbow injury similar to Tims!

We should have had that game won in the first half.

I was thankful we managed to hold on for a point in the end. Oxford were all over us for the vast majority of the second half, we had a number of players on bookings and finished with Clifford playing with an obvious limp and Coker having had to go off with an elbow injury similar to Tims!

Not good enough though is it

yes we should and everything else you posted above becomes immaterial. The fact we didn't finish them off in the first half is the most annoying part of the whole game. PB would rather defend a 1-0 lead and hope we don't concede whereas killing the opposition off negates the need to go into panic/defend deep mode for 45 mins

Back