• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Whyte

Passed away today. Only 43. Just been reading the Charlton forum, they loved him.

Bloody hell! Very sad. I actually recommended him to Alvin Martin many years ago just before he signed, shame it didn't work out for him here as much as it did at Charlton and Palace.

RIP. :sad:

****ing hell.

I thought all our strikers from the late 90s were cursed, but I didn't expect them to all die so young:stunned::'(

That is terrible news, I know he didnt play many games for us ,but he always seemed to give his all , condolences to his family .

I know he probably scored more, but I can only remember one goal he scored for us. At Wigans old ground on a freezing cold Tuesday night. Very sad news

I know he probably scored more, but I can only remember one goal he scored for us. At Wigans old ground on a freezing cold Tuesday night. Very sad news

Very sad, no age.

Wasn't great for us but I liked him during his short spell. Charlton fans I know adore him from his spells there.

As a 17 year old Me and my mate had a few nights out on the town (weds nights as players had Thursday's off) with him Simon Coleman, Martyn Booty, Neil Campbell and others. A personal favourite memory was being on his back with the players walking from Yates to Chicago's all singing anti Col Ewe songs :winking:

RIP Whytey

Very sad, no age.

Wasn't great for us but I liked him during his short spell. Charlton fans I know adore him from his spells there.

As a 17 year old Me and my mate had a few nights out on the town (weds nights as players had Thursday's off) with him Simon Coleman, Martyn Booty, Neil Campbell and others. A personal favourite memory was being on his back with the players walking from Yates to Chicago's all singing anti Col Ewe songs :winking:

RIP Whytey

You must be similar age to me as me and my mates used to see a load of a the northern players in chameleon on a Wednesday. Generally they seemed like absolute *****.....

I was so chuffed when we signed David Whyte - he'd had a great season (or two) in the now championship and I thought he would destroy bottom tier teams. He never seemed that bad for us but never really got a run going and seemed to disappear

RIP, don't think I saw much of him when he was here but always sad news when an ex-shrimper passes away especially at such a young age.

Back