• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
So what will we see on Saturday ?

Jerome in for Coker ?

Corr still out of form, will Barney get a start ?

Shaq coming in for criticism, is he going to be dropped to the bench ?

Bolger injured.

Maybe the enforced changes will see a change in fortunes. Really looking forward to this one, atmosphere should be great.

...................Bentley

White........Prosser.......Mads..........Loan

...........Leonard..........Clifford

Worral.........Payne...........Weston

..................Corr

Corr may not have scored but he has provided chances for others.

Id like to see Hurst back personally, he wont get back into form on the bench.

.......................Bentley.......................

White......Prosser.......Ibenfeldt......Loan

......................Leonard.......................

........Clifford....................Weston........

.......................Payne.........................

................Corr..........Shaq.................

Time for Mads to shine (hopefully)

and @ 33/1 for 1st or last scorer, he's gotta be worth a few quid

I really want Barney to start and get a run of games. I'm not holding my breath though.

I really want Barney to start and get a run of games. I'm not holding my breath though.

Me too, would like to see Barney start, with Payne, Weston & Worral.

The others would create chances for Barney the 'fox in the box'.
With his Southampton connections, always keen to score against Pompey too.

Please try this PB x

From what I can remember, I've seen Southend play Pompey 3 times at Roots Hall & we've beaten them 2-1 in every one of those games AND we've scored the winning goal in the dying minutes on 2 occasions. Plus we beat them 2-1 at their place last season with another last minute winner. Therefore, gotta have a pop on a 2-1 scoreline tomorrow.

Jinxed it now :thumbsup:

....................................bentley............................
White........thompson..........prosser....binnon-williams
..................................deegan.....................................
........leonard.............payne..................atkinson........
................coolthirst.............corr............................

Barnard,weston,worrell,williams,smith,ibenfeldt,hurst

barnard,weston,coolthirst,williams,

I just hope whatever team gets picked the supporters get behind them and we get that vital confidence building win, I would be happy with 1-0 or 2-0, not fused just need to get the supporters back on track again

....................................bentley............................
White........thompson..........prosser....binnon-williams
..................................deegan.....................................
........leonard.............payne..................atkinson........
................coolthirst.............corr............................

Barnard,weston,worrell,williams,smith,ibenfeldt,hurst

barnard,weston,coolthirst,williams,

No place for Clifford ?

I'd line up like this, tough selection in midfield but thought Atkinson gave more attacking licence to the front guys than Leonard (who hasn't been up to last seasons standards). Shaq or Williams to come on for Corr against tired legs

sufc.jpg

Id go for a front two of Corr and Weston, its going to be a physical battle tomorrow and Coulthirst just cant cope with that side of the game. Play Payne just behind the front two with a midfield three of Atkinson, Lenny and Clifford. Back four, new bloke, Prosser, Thompson and White. Still cant see where the goals will come from but hoping for a sneaky 1-0, but thinking a draw.

Me too, would like to see Barney start, with Payne, Weston & Worral.

The others would create chances for Barney the 'fox in the box'.
With his Southampton connections, always keen to score against Pompey too.

Please try this PB x

Please try anything that doesn't just leave BBBC up on his own. It is a fruitless exercise.

I think a 1-0 scoreline either way.

A punt on Ricky Holmes/Jed Wallace or Craig Westcarr and 0-1, is tempting to be honest.

Oh god...I still remember Ricky Holmes starting on the left on the halfway line, running all the way to our goal unchallenged and laying on the equaliser for a dreadful Barnet at Roots Hall. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night now screaming...'why didn't we challenge him?'

This is the comment in the preview by Portsmouth boss Andy Awford:
Does anyone know what it means ??
“For certain games you look at who you are playing and this weekend it is Southend and it will be hard. If we had a one-off game, I’d know my best side, but picking your best team doesn’t work out like that.”
[/SIZE]

Back