• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Embedded tweets would be a really good feature for the board I reckon - I think it can be done. A lot of what gets discussed on here comes from twitter so it'd be good if tweets being mentioned could be properly embedded. Then people can click on that tweet to link back to it, see who actually posted it etc etc.

It'd look something like this:

solKGXO.png

Here it looks really good:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/128538-Embedded-tweets-BB-code

Any views from the mods/owners on this? I think it'd be a nice and useful feature that'd be used a lot.

I'd hope it'd just need a relatively minor addition of some code.

Will see what Cricko et al think, however seeing as we're referring to twitter a lot on this site it'd be good to be able to visualise and link to it properly.

I will have a look at it Jon, but we would have to sort something about where we host the pics as the drain on the Zone atm struggles with people loading photobucket stuff etc...Leave it with me.

I will have a look at it Jon, but we would have to sort something about where we host the pics as the drain on the Zone atm struggles with people loading photobucket stuff etc...Leave it with me.

Cheers John.

If there's ways in which we can be better for the zone with posting pics/gifs etc then make sure you let us all know. I post loads of pics but don't want to be causing grief.

I have looked into it Jon but A: tweets work ok as they are and B: it is a lot of hassle for us to add it and change server site/data storage.

Back