• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rubbish !

2 genuine forwards wil allow the ball to remain in the opponents third,the lone forward cannot retain the ball.

Phil signed the players on loan/contract so you cannot blame anyone else
.Phil even managed to mess with young William's head.

As is often the case you constantly rubbish PB's signings but the next post you say that with our squad we should be in the top three . Cant have it both ways mrsblue

Everyone talking about 4-4-2 how would that have worked before we bought in Pigott and Cassidy? The only other strikers we had were Barnard, Colthirst and Weston, Weston is not a true striker, Coulthrist was skilful but wasteful and Barnard for whatever reason hasn't worked. I'm sure if we'd got them in sooner Brown would have looked at playing 4-4-2 but at the time we had a shortage of good strikers.

As is often the case you constantly rubbish PB's signings but the next post you say that with our squad we should be in the top three . Cant have it both ways mrsblue

Shaq out wide was wrong,should have played him down the middle with Corr for several games to see if they could gel.

Every manager will sign the player who for whatever reason it doesn't work,the secret is to recognise this and not to persevere with that player in the same formation/position especially loan players.

Phil signed Cassidy who cannot score for toffee and during his time here still hasn't scored,no surprise there.

And that means nothing if 3 teams score more than 87 or equal with a better goal difference.

Or it could mean that the manager's done a pretty decent job and probably shouldn't be sacked.

He's had 2 and a half seasons with decent budget and a decent pool of players to get us up to fail 3 times is enough to get the sack! Sturrock got exactly the same.

I'd personally give him 1 more season at least.

Think it's harsh to count the first season, so IF we fail this season, it's only his 2nd season, achieving the play-offs in both.

Agreed, you can't keep making the play-offs and not going up, but it's hard to remove someone unless we were halfway down the league or worse.

I'd personally give him 1 more season at least.

Think it's harsh to count the first season, so IF we fail this season, it's only his 2nd season, achieving the play-offs in both.

Agreed, you can't keep making the play-offs and not going up, but it's hard to remove someone unless we were halfway down the league or worse.

You could then say the same about Sturrock as let's be honest his first season was a right off. He did a cracking job and shouldn't be judged on that season as one to get us up. The amount of wasted and thrown away opertunities we have had this season just goes to show with the right man in charge we should of stormed this league this season.

Not disagreeing on Luggy.

I don't think any manager (unless he is a complete f**kwit) should be given less than three FULL seasons.

We've had a few guys here who really have been dreadful and rightly been outed, but they haven't achieved 80+ points in a season.

I saw the first game under Luggy. An awful 1-1 draw at home to Stockport. They were appalling and nearly won. Said at the time that he had his work seriously cut out.

Did a great job and on the field it was his input that stabilized the club and PB has kind of kept up the good work and I think we are in a pretty healthy state now (on the field).

That said, I do agree that the teams above us aren't better than us, from what I have seen, hence why I feel we do have the right blend to challenge again next season, if we don't make it this one.

If we were out of our depth, I'd suggest a change.

You could then say the same about Sturrock as let's be honest his first season was a right off. He did a cracking job and shouldn't be judged on that season as one to get us up. The amount of wasted and thrown away opertunities we have had this season just goes to show with the right man in charge we should of stormed this league this season.

What makes you think that. Have we got the best players/squad in L2?

He's had 2 and a half seasons with decent budget and a decent pool of players to get us up to fail 3 times is enough to get the sack! Sturrock got exactly the same.

We have a decent budget but we're no Man City. We have no right to expect anything above where we are at the moment. Phil Brown has got us in contention for promotion which is all that can be expected of him. It will now come down to tight margins and it would be mental to say that someone has succeeded and failed on such a margin. Just as it was when people moaned about Sturrock not getting us promoted when he dot 83pts in a season.

Had Sturrock got his last team in the position that Brown's team are in then he wouldn't have been sacked either. He got sacked because RM believed that we weren't going to make the play offs.

It is mental - mental - that anyone would suggest that we change manager if we don't go up from here.

I think the fact that this thread has got to 10 pages says a lot. There is just something about PB that raises doubts in many peoples minds. I quite like him in some ways but he does talk some absolute bollocks at times. As for people being "haters", grow up, hate is a strong word.

SO playing 4-5-1 was our problem? Not a bad result considering we had to resort to a 4-5-1 yesterday. Lucky we have a tactically astute manager.

Well done Phil Brown, making those Brown Out fans look even more silly.

I Wonder if you really go to games ?

Why, did you see him in Sainsburys during our last home game?

How comes we looked so unhappy and lost points before Christmas when we did play 442. By the way do you not think if Elliot Lee had avoided injury we would have been playing a different formation earlier.

We seem to change shape every 6 weeks or so.

There's little in the way of continuity.

SO playing 4-5-1 was our problem? Not a bad result considering we had to resort to a 4-5-1 yesterday. Lucky we have a tactically astute manager.

Well done Phil Brown, making those Brown Out fans look even more silly.

Not if we dont get promoted. Weve had a great run of results of late, but where were those performances three months ago. If we dont go up there will be people looking at all those 0-0 draws, especially at home that could end up costing us the chance. PB tactically has done very well recently but with this squad of players we should be doing well. Im certain if things gop belly up then the brown out brigade wll be in full voice.

Back