• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Derek Bish
@BishDerek
Sports editor of Bury Free Press, Haverhill Echo, Newmarket Journal, Suffolk Free Press & Diss Express. Southend fan. Views are my own.

Derek Bish @BishDerek · 41m
Had a chance to speak to Phil Brown himself and he's looking at possibility of #southend striker Jason Williams coming down on loan to Bury

Derek Bish ‏@BishDerek 28m
Credit to Phil Brown for taking the time to take a young player to a game where he'll see the team he could be moving on loan to. #southend

Derek Bish ‏@BishDerek 26m
Jason Williams to Bury Town hopefully

Would be good to see how he does, but not exactly a great level to play at but at least its more competitive than development games.

Would benefit him, even if it is for a month or two. If he does well then he could be loaned to a higher level (Conference or Conference South).

May as well, I'm guessing Brown and Layne are more likely to play that Williams so we aren't going to need him.

if he's not playing with us i'd imagine it makes sense. with PB saying he was going to be on the bench i wondered if he might come in for Corr soon-ish, i guess we'll see

Would be good to see how he does, but not exactly a great level to play at but at least its more competitive than development games.

He will not be too good for the Ryman Premier Division.

Mind you, Bury Town are a poor side this season after the loss of their manager and better players.

I have just returned from Thurrock FC where Romford FC were playing Bury Town FC in the FA Cup 1st qualifying game.

Phil Brown was there sitting in the Bury directors box (almost literally!) with a player who I think was Jason Williams and was apparently watching Bury intently. They both left at half time. Bury have only scored 4 goals in their 10 games this season so are obviously short of fire power. However, the gulf between the Ryman League and League 2 is vast and the standard of Ryman league is far below that expected at Football League level. Not sure a loan to this level will do him any good except for fitness purposes. However some of the tackles at that level are industrial to say the least and he could end up getting injured!

For the record, Romford beat Bury 1-0 despite being in a league below that of Bury.

However, the gulf between the Ryman League and League 2 is vast and the standard of Ryman league is far below that expected at Football League level.

The match was more the equivalent of a Ryman League One North match between a side that will likely go down and one unlikely to come up.

There are some decent teams in the Ryman Premier, including Maidstone Utd and Margate, and he will be able to hone his skills against better players than you saw today. If he does go there, those so inclined can see him play at Grays (Aveley) in 10 days time.

He will not be too good for the Ryman Premier Division.

Mind you, Bury Town are a poor side this season after the loss of their manager and better players.

Well if he isnt too good for them that would answer a question whether he was ready for us.

Its a good opportunity for him to show what he can do at that level.

Mrsblue wont be happy about this. Not seen any posts from her since our win yesterday......I wonder why? :winking:

Well its a positive, it means they want to see how he can do a step above the reserves and youths. Does well there and wont do his chances of being involved in the first team squad any harm at all.

playing that low might, might, also be a case of preparing for being a main player. the lower you go the more billy big bollox you're seen as. that might help to get the mentality of having pressure on the shoulders which will be helpful given the amount of time our strikers are given before being written off.
any news on specified playing time in his contract
:net:

Last edited by a moderator:
Derek Bish is on here as bishmania, he's a local sports journalist. I saw this on Twitter earlier and would imagine this is where this pacy young man is heading (Jason Williams I mean!). At least someone knows where they can now go to watch him play!

And anyway, we can't really cope with having 2 J Williams's in the team at the same time.

I think this would be good for Williams if he gets first team football, gets a bit of match experience under his belt and maybe a bit of confidence with a good scoring record.

Don't think the level of football is that important for him at the moment. He already has the talent and ability to do well for us in the future, so if he can get a good run in the first team, get match sharpness and score a few goals, his confidence and experience will grow. Hopefully he leaves as a boy and comes back a man, ready to start seriously challenging his competition for some opportunities in the side.

Phil said he was in his thoughts, suggesting the possibility of making the team , at least the bench. Phil stated Jason was AHEAD of Layne and Brown because of his physicality. So I am a little in two minds about this move in terms of benefit to us, if Williams was that close to first team action. On the other hand if this does go through it can only add to the lads experience, and loaning out more of our youngsters is something I have been banging on about in the thread about whether we are doing enough to best develop our young players. It also stops folks clamouring on here for Jason getting a shot, and reduces criticism in this respect, clever move all round?

This could be a good move for both parties, Williams gets first team experience, a good scoring record (hopefully) and then we bring somebody in on loan from higher up to do exactly the same for us. Fingers crossed!!

Back