• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very good result, well done lads, hopefully on a roll, at least a draw at York as confidence builds. Hope Lenny is only out for a couple of weeks rather than a month, as we have Coker, Corr and Timlin on the injury list , although Timlin due back October. Delighted Deegan performing so well given our midfield injuries build up. Great defensive performance today as already highlighted, and a sniff of the bench for Jason Williams.

Great win at a difficult place to go. A solid performance, but, can we please score a few more goals, just so that we can sit back and relax at the end of a game for a change. Great defence again. More positives than negatives, got to believe sooner or later we will hit 3 or 4.

Sounds like we had loads of chances at the start of the 2nd half and weren't clinical enough to put the game to bed earlier. I think that is a little disappointing and perhaps shows a more underlying problem we have at the moment. Still, really pleased with the win and 3pts away from home...you can't complain too much.

Yes, still the main worry. When I saw the line up, with Weston central, I thought neither he or Shaq would score. Without Bazzer goals still likely to come from midfield. Phil knows its a problem and still keeping the faith though. I expected Barnard to start as the only available striker with experience, but Phil preferred the pace of Weston centrally and his midfielder qualities. Weston missed a tap in, lacking composure by all accounts and Shaq missed a few again. Barny came on to jump into people a lot, he likes doing that .But we would all take promotion with a host of 1 nil wins courtesy of a talented midfield and defence

This is what Brown alluded to a couple of weeks back when he said the emphasis was on defence. He was crucified by some for that who seem to believe we should be going out thrashing sides 5-0 every week. Well, once you stop the goals, then you won't lose; get a couple of gritty wins, the points go on the board, winning becomes a habit, all of a sudden these chances will get converted and 3-0 will become the norm.

Keep the faith people.

Baffled by Weston playing up top and Shaq wide left, you've got to think both players would be much better off in their natural positions. Great win though, Cheltenham is always a tough place to get a result. Another clean sheet too which is a huge positive, at some point I think we'll give someone a good hiding!

Well done boys. In Brown we trust. :thumbsup: #COYB

This is what Brown alluded to a couple of weeks back when he said the emphasis was on defence. He was crucified by some for that who seem to believe we should be going out thrashing sides 5-0 every week. Well, once you stop the goals, then you won't lose; get a couple of gritty wins, the points go on the board, winning becomes a habit, all of a sudden these chances will get converted and 3-0 will become the norm.

Keep the faith people.
Like the basis of that, but if we're to go up we can't really be relying on the midfield for the majority of goals. Still, not being negative, we've got a very good side, just a shame we couldn't have nabbed Matt Tubbs, we'd be absolutely laughing.

Robins fans very upset with ref. they all seem to agree it was a red card though. Marquis booked for Bentley colliding into our player just one example. Have to say whenever I've seen Linnington I've not been impressed.

\Marquis was booked for pushing Prosser into Bentley. Just got home after a circuitous journey back.

Deegan top, top man. Mr. Shaquile scored v portsmouth and then missed three and continued to miss again tonight. worries in attack. we cannot rely on 1-0's because we concede too many 'worldy's' in a season. did not miss corr, barnard looked like no idea. very hard working team and deserved the win.

Another 3 points in the bag, time to focus on Sat now. PB and the coaches will be working on the finishing, all that matters right now is the 3 points, if we can keep winning then confidence will flow through the whole team. I bet if we had one striker scoring all the goals people would be saying what if our main goal scorer gets injured blah blah, enjoy the wins, they are bloody hard to get in this league, fine margins.

An excellent win.
I thought for a moment this must be the Barca forum??? Since when have Southend United "ONLY" won 1-0 away from home?
Well done to PB and the lads!

Deegan top, top man. Mr. Shaquile scored v portsmouth and then missed three and continued to miss again tonight. worries in attack. we cannot rely on 1-0's because we concede too many 'worldy's' in a season. did not miss corr, barnard looked like no idea. very hard working team and deserved the win.

You can if you are joint top of goals against in League 2.
Bentley rightly gets a lot if plaudits , but think Prosser , Thompson and Deegan have been a big factor in the last two games.

An away win, 6 points in 4 days - excellent stuff!

I wanted 6 points from the 3 games this week, anything at the weekend is a bonus now! :happy:

Back