• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rob1920

Manager⭐
Just amusing myself looking at the L2 table to see how some of the competition are doing, and although we're only 8 games in its surprising to see how some of the pre-season favourites have not started too well. Only one really justifying the hype is Bury in 2nd. Other than that its a sorry list:

Portsmouth - best of the rest in 9th but looking fairly ordinary
Plymouth - 13th
Tranmere - 15th - came down last year & would have expected to bounce straight back
Luton - 18th - really thought they'd have the momentum to be challenging at the top
Oxford - 22nd
Carlisle - 24th - another one down from last year & a real surprise they're doing so badly

Just shows how hard it is to predict the lower leagues, which is why to me its so much more interesting than the sterile world of the utterly predictable premier league.

Just amusing myself looking at the L2 table to see how some of the competition are doing, and although we're only 8 games in its surprising to see how some of the pre-season favourites have not started too well. Only one really justifying the hype is Bury in 2nd. Other than that its a sorry list:

Plymouth - 13th
Tranmere - 15th - came down last year & would have expected to bounce straight back
Luton - 18th - really thought they'd have the momentum to be challenging at the top
Oxford - 22nd
Carlisle - 24th - another one down from last year & a real surprise they're doing so badly

Just shows how hard it is to predict the lower leagues, which is why to me its so much more interesting than the sterile world of the utterly predictable premier league.

One of my picks (and I'm pretty sure many others) for the season was Northampton. They're doing Ok.

Morecambe many pundits predicted to be relegated!
Not showing a side that will struggle!

Plymouth - 13th
Oxford - 22nd

I've got a feeling Portsmouth will catch fire at some point and storm up the league. Even though they were poor against us, I still think they'll get automatic.

As is so often the case in this Division, virtually any team can beat any other. There are usually two or three teams that are pretty much permanent fixtures in the top 6 from about Christmas onwards and, likewise, two or three in the bottom 6. There is also often one team that makes a late run from mid-table to the play-offs (York last season and Crewe the season before). It is largely the inconsistency of players in this Division that keeps them playing in the lower leagues. It all makes for a rollercoaster existence for us supporters, that's for sure!

As is so often the case in this Division, virtually any team can beat any other. There are usually two or three teams that are pretty much permanent fixtures in the top 6 from about Christmas onwards and, likewise, two or three in the bottom 6. There is also often one team that makes a late run from mid-table to the play-offs (York last season and Crewe the season before). It is largely the inconsistency of players in this Division that keeps them playing in the lower leagues. It all makes for a rollercoaster existence for us supporters, that's for sure!

Spot on Seaford, My hope also is that we avoid the dreaded winter slump of 13 games without a win. It will remain a test for a young squad trying to pass the ball around. Stevenage lumpers will like it and Wimbledon should cash in with Tubbs and Tubbs knocking folks about upfront

I fancied Burton to go up automatically at the start of the season and they've started well. Far too early to tell much mind.

Plymouth - 13th
Oxford - 22nd

Yea with those behemoths Villa, Swansea and Southampton in the top 4 :whistling:

its an improvement then
hats%20off%20new%20aug%202010.gif

Back