• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
After two nice wins , what changes do we expect ?
Obviously Clifford in for Lenny.
I also think BBBC will come in for Shaq.
Brown may also opt to give Payne a breather and bring in Atkinson ?
Assuming BBBC takes Lennys place in the 18 we had at Cheltenham , do you think he will keep Williams in the squad or go for someone more defensive ( if we have anyone ? ).

Is Bolger fit yet ?

My prediction is 1-1

Bentley

White-Thompson-Prosser-BW

Deegan Clifford

Weston Payne Hurst

Corr
Please.

Toughest fixture of the three we have had this week I think, would take a point.

That said, think we are gaining momentum: 1-0 Southend, Hurst.

I think we should start Shaq on the bench and bring him on for the last 15 - he will give tired defenders a nightmare.

I predict that Yorkshire Blue will be all over the finest alehouses in this great city of beer. Also, that we'll win 1-0.

20th September was the day York smashed United at Old Trafford. Hope that's not an omen. Would be happy with a draw tomorrow. As above, if Corr is fit he will probably come back in, and Clifford for Leonard.

I hope Payne is not given "a breather". It is important that he is given the chance to develop at this stage and he has certainly improved the team since he came in.

I hope Payne is not given "a breather". It is important that he is given the chance to develop at this stage and he has certainly improved the team since he came in.

I agree , but if Brown sees signs this week that two quick games have jaded him a bit , then I hope people accept his judgement rather than call for his head

After two nice wins , what changes do we expect ?
Obviously Clifford in for Lenny.
I also think BBBC will come in for Shaq.
Brown may also opt to give Payne a breather and bring in Atkinson ?
Assuming BBBC takes Lennys place in the 18 we had at Cheltenham , do you think he will keep Williams in the squad or go for someone more defensive ( if we have anyone ? ).

Is Bolger fit yet ?

My prediction is 1-1

Nearly. Him and Timlin had a long session of short and long sprints. There was no break down or any sign of a slight limp. So I expect him to be ready after York, if selected.

Last year's fixture was a boring 0-0 draw. And the York keeper (Pope?) was commanding in the air (hence the reason we kept lobbing the ball into the area :dim: despite the calls not to from the management and the fans).

So I hope for a little more skill on show and that we show a little more intelligence on the pitch tomorrow.

A win would be out of this world but I think we can do it ........... it just depends which team turns up at 3:00 pm. :stunned:

And, one other thing - the pitch has already been criticised this season. You would think it would be like a bowling green with the weather the country has been having but I would consider Bootham Park as having one of the worst pitches in the division.

I know it will be the same for both teams but it could be a factor in how much football can be played on the ground.

Last year's fixture was a boring 0-0 draw. And the York keeper (Pope?) was commanding in the air (hence the reason we kept lobbing the ball into the area :dim: despite the calls not to from the management and the fans).

So I hope for a little more skill on show and that we show a little more intelligence on the pitch tomorrow.

A win would be out of this world but I think we can do it ........... it just depends which team turns up at 3:00 pm. :stunned:

I thought there are rules that teams have to arrive some time before kick off or be faced with sanctions ?

I agree with Shaq on the bench, think he could be more affective as a sub. And if Payne has the energy then Defo start if not then maybe start with Atkinson and you would have to say Shaq and Payne would be great impact players against tired legs. Love to see a win , happy with a draw . Come on you Yellows

Same team as Tuesday with the only change being Corr for Shaq. Love a win but a draw and 7 points in a week would great and more than most would have expected this time last week. Up the Shrimpers

Is Bolger fit yet ?
Does it matter if he is? Prosser and Thompson have been excellent in his absence and neither deserves to be dropped. Before he picked up the injury Bolger was far from impressive and I'd choose Mads over him from what I've seen. He'll have to impress in training and have luck on his side to get back into the starting eleven if Thompson can keep up his good form.

Back