• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
The gates have been a little disappointing this season.

It would be nice for the team to get the support it currently deserves.

Hopefully break 6k but with a small Shrewsbury following I doubt it.

The gates have been a little disappointing this season.

It would be nice for the team to get the support it currently deserves.

Hopefully break 6k but with a small Shrewsbury following I doubt it.

Average home crowd after 4 games last season 5,905
Average home crowd after 4 games this season 5,775

So yes slightly down so far this season and we supposedly have more season ticket holders this season.

So yes slightly down so far this season and we supposedly have more season ticket holders this season.

We've also played Pottsmouth who have the biggest away following.
I guess Oxford and Wimbledon are also fairly well supported at ours as not huge journeys.
So average not great so far !

We've also played Pottsmouth who have the biggest away following.
I guess Oxford and Wimbledon are also fairly well supported at ours as not huge journeys.
So average not great so far !

Last year we had already played Plymouth who had 1,200 fans and we had 6,080 fans v Morecambe where there was a special offer for that game as it was Youth Academy Day (I see this Saturdays game v Shrewsbury is also Youth Academy Day but I cant see any mention of a special offer on tickets this time around?).

We seem to have come to a time where our home crowds are pretty much the same every season no matter how well we are playing.

I think Luton later on this season could well bring as many fans, if not more than Portsmouth.

Three wins in a week and the possibility of going into the top three will put a few on the gate for sure. 5,775 is not a bad average so far considering it's been school hols etc.

Last year we had already played Plymouth who had 1,200 fans and we had 6,080 fans v Morecambe where there was a special offer for that game as it was Youth Academy Day (I see this Saturdays game v Shrewsbury is also Youth Academy Day but I cant see any mention of a special offer on tickets this time around?).

We seem to have come to a time where our home crowds are pretty much the same every season no matter how well we are playing.

I think Luton later on this season could well bring as many fans, if not more than Portsmouth.

Yep .
Think it's the last game of the season as well

I think it will take a bit more to get peeps in the ground. Top of the table for a while and need a little bit of hollywood on the pitch...I.e. freddy for example, maybe the emergence of jack payne as an exciting match winner will help create a buzz

Just secured my tickets and can confirm that there are not that many left available in the East Greens. Shrewsbury were one of my pre-season fancies and, while expecting a very tough game, I am delighted to see that they have the distraction of Norwich in the Capital Cup tonight.

well add one more to that im coming down on Friday for my high school re union and will take in the
game on Saturday. The last time I was down was Feb 13 we beat Oxford and it was looking good for the automatics after that we hardly won a game. Hope its different this time.

Our attendances seem fine to me, not had under 5,000 yet which is decent for this level.

Tuesday night games are normally terrible but even the one we had was 5.3k, Im sure that if Tuesday games in the middle of winter against teams further away than Wimbledon might not fare so well!

There is a schools deal this Saturday so that might help.

I will be going to the match with my three sons,
and also,
for the first time in my history, i will be taking my 80 year old dad, and not to be outdone by her husband, my 74 year old mum also.
This will be their first ever football match, apart for watching the kids Sunday football, as they want to see what all the fuss is about.

Possiblly 2 new shrimpers.

Snr.

Back