• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is pretty poor that our club has only won this tier once before seeing we have been it for the majority of our history!

So three wins in a row and we're going to win the league. Prior to that we won 1 in 5 and there were calls for Brown's head.

The sensible bit of this post was the comment about the strength of our squad. Saturday's bench was Smith, Ibenfeldt, Atkinson, Corr, Barnard, Williams, Worrall - surely the strongest in the division? Whether we will go up or not remains to be seen, but if I was the chairman I know what my expectation would be.

As an aside if anyone can explain how we couldn't pay wages 3 years ago, but now we can afford a bench like that, I'd be interested to hear. Nothing much has changed from what I can see. It's things like this that make me suspicious of the board.

No one at the beginning of that season was saying we would win it either.

We are in a great position now, but we all know we are capbable of flipping our form and going on another dodgy run. I hope we are still in this positition, or hopefully better come Christmas, but wouldnt bet my house on anything in this league!

i stuck a lot of money on us this year. Told the wife it was an investment. So far looking quite smug. Well smugger than I did after the Oxford game anyway :blush:

I think we're missing a consistent goalscorer to really challenge in the top couple of positions. You look at AFC Wimbledon and although they're below us right now they've got Matt Tubbs and Akinfenwa who are both capable of at least 15 goals a season each. We've only really got Barry Corr who's capable of that.

I know goals can come from all over the pitch but having a sharp shooting striker really can change a team's fortunes and nick games which could be heading for a draw, grab a point to avoid defeat, etc.

However there's nothing to say we can't get lucky and get some hotshot signed permanently later on in the season. I think we should be aiming for playoffs minimum but would bite your hand off now for 3rd.

Edited to provide a more long term future for the club ...............

Back