• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You can tell we are on a winning run when foam is the worst thing going on in our lives.

All just a gimmick for me, wasnt exactly a major issue ruining games. Spray diving players in the eyes with it if you want to make a real difference.

Wow, a lady refereeing a League 2 game --- it would never happen in a country as progressive as England.:winking:

In my very humble opinion she had a very good game and again in my very humble opinion the spray was a tool in her armoury that allowed her to control free kicks better where as before players could have taken the pish,step over the line and you are booked.

Really can't quite believe the debate this has caused to be honest. Encroachment was a very minor problem yes, but something that aggravated most and something players knew they could grab an extra yard over. The spray stops that. It takes five seconds. Why the fuss?

You can tell we are on a winning run when foam is the worst thing going on in our lives.

All just a gimmick for me, wasnt exactly a major issue ruining games. Spray diving players in the eyes with it if you want to make a real difference.

No that I do agree with!

Really can't quite believe the debate this has caused to be honest. Encroachment was a very minor problem yes, but something that aggravated most and something players knew they could grab an extra yard over. The spray stops that. It takes five seconds. Why the fuss?

Because I'm not convinced it does stop that. It should if it is policed properly, but I'm not convinced referees are able to, through no fault of their own I might add.

Because I'm not convinced it does stop that. It should if it is policed properly, but I'm not convinced referees are able to, through no fault of their own I might add.

Throw in a yellow-card for unsporting behaviour if a player is spotted to cross the line and I think encroachment will stop. Retrospective 1 match ban if clear on TV and the ref didn't spot it.

However I do think there are other issues which could do with being addressed.

On Football Weekly there was a suggestion that 'deliberate' should be taken out of the law for handball, and instead if it hits the hand/arm, then it's automatically an indirect free kick (inside or outside the box).

I guess if it's clearly deliberate then it's a yellow card and if it denies a goal scoring opportunity then it's a red card and penalty.

Personally I love an indirect free kick in the box so more of those and less penalties for 'minor' infractions would be a good thing.

Back