• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shows you haven't been around long, its never that easy here :smile:

Having that as our last game of the season is concerning and hope we arent reliant on that one for anything major!

We will have the title sown up by March and be playing the youth, Phil Brown and Sammy the Shrimp for the last few gam- oh look my medication is here!

Maybe because Timlin is schizophrenic? More importantly, the Echo today reckons Leonard could well be fit for Saturday. On the bench for him, or who drops out?

It has to be on the bench for Lenny at the moment. His time will come. Due to a midfielder injury or a poor game from the likes of Clifford. It would be crazy to drop Payne or Deegan at the moment, even tho Payne was crowded out on Saturday.

Talk of Bilel in the recent post reminds me of what I read on the BBC sport website about his latest antics last night v Hibs. Shouting at his own supporters, whatever next?

There's far too much agreement and positivity in this thread. People wil get confused.

There's far too much agreement and positivity in this thread. People wil get confused.
If Brown keeps playing the same 11 they will be knackered and start getting injured later in the season and it will all fall apart.

There you go, normal service resumed

If Brown keeps playing the same 11 they will be knackered and start getting injured later in the season and it will all fall apart.

You're post may have been in jest .......... but you have a point. It is a "squad" game now when play is frenetic for 90+ minutes of each game and so many teams bolster their teams with loan players (and we have indeed followed suit).

For me, it is a great pity that there aren't any more Football League Trophy games this season as we have a good many players now waiting to get time on the pitch - it wouldn't surprise me to see news of a "behind closed doors" games either later this week or next.

And then looking at the players, I think Payne is the most likely to be "rested" - he is young and still being developed. But it would be very tough on him.

But we do need more than the current XI to be at match fitness and so perhaps some "rotation" might be in the minds of Brown and Penney.

A week to go and we get the Shrimps to our house of the Shrimpers.
Bits have been written already about out dreadful record against them & also what a pain in the arse Ellison can be.
Sampson also scored his only "worldy" against us"..........never again to be repeated!
Can we make it 5 from 5?
Will PB stick with the same 11?
Will Lenny be fit for selection?
This is another judgement game for Brown's Boys.

I am thinking same again but maybe if fit Lenny for CC.

Our dreadful record is just coincidence and has no bearing on the outcome of this game whereby Southend will win 3-1.

Our dreadful record is just coincidence and has no bearing on the outcome of this game whereby Southend will win 3-1.

Would be great to get the win, and I think we will.

But Morecambe are much improved this year, so I would be quietly content with a point as it'll keep our unbeaten run going. We don't have to win every game, but it was the smaller (even if their results have improved considerably - they're still a small club) sides at home last year where we slipped up - Wimbledon being an example this season.

UTB :happy:

Would be great to get the win, and I think we will.

But Morecambe are much improved this year, so I would be quietly content with a point as it'll keep our unbeaten run going. We don't have to win every game, but it was the smaller (even if their results have improved considerably - they're still a small club) sides at home last year where we slipped up - Wimbledon being an example this season.

UTB :happy:

You can't be a real fan! :raspberry:

You would never believe that we don't have to win every game!?

The 'jinx' visit leading 14 6 overall and only dropping one draw in all league encounters!

Same team please Phil with Shaq playing central.

2 0 will do.

Back