• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I lived in a cardboard box, equidistant between the kerbs of the road. We broke our teeth on the gravel that constituted our main meal. However, I am now very wealthy and take no greater pleasure than publicly comparing myself with those less fortunate, irrespective of the environmental factors that affect their prospects.

Thank God for Thatcher and her spawn. That social cohesion stuff was clearly never going to work. Leave that to the charities. They're not businesses, you know.

Well said, haven't you got toilets to clean?

I left school at 16 with 6 GCSE grade A-C. I was cleaning out bird cages at 17.... 17 years on and I work for one of the biggest law firms in the world earning a salary that makes "average earnings" look a dot on the horizon.

Did I ever blame the government when I was getting crapped on from great heights? No. Did I feel like I was in some way held back and unable to achieve the position I'm in now all those years ago? No Did the government have any role in getting from where I was to where I am now? No.....

I look on the jobs market today and see an abundance of jobs available in an array of sectors and fields. At the end of the day, each individual needs to prove that they are above a "low quality job" as you put it. It again comes down to the fact that you need to make your own way in life as David Cameron is not going to come knocking on an unemplyed persons house and say "Here you go Joe, I've just got you a job as a Director at Ernst & Young".....People need to prove themselves.

Unfortunately those who dont want to put in the effort or better themselves are not going to make it very far, and you're forgetting those walking liabilities who are simply too thick to be put in any kind of position of responsibility will never make it to anything higher than a toilet cleaner. But without toilet cleaners we end up with disgusting potentially dangerous toilets....So whilst low quality, it's still a necessary job.

Businesses are not charities, they need to employ people who will add value to their firm as they need to make money or they tend to disappear into liquidation.
It's not just school leavers that are looking for jobs, it's people at all levels of their career and the stats say that the jobs created recently are low level jobs - so the unemployment drop is not all good news as it is largely in jobs that do not sustain the economy as they give low spending power. That is the issue.

It's not just school leavers that are looking for jobs, it's people at all levels of their career and the stats say that the jobs created recently are low level jobs - so the unemployment drop is not all good news as it is largely in jobs that do not sustain the economy as they give low spending power. That is the issue.

And everyone, including those in power, know that it's an issue.

I lived in a cardboard box, equidistant between the kerbs of the road. We broke our teeth on the gravel that constituted our main meal. However, I am now very wealthy and take no greater pleasure than publicly comparing myself with those less fortunate, irrespective of the environmental factors that affect their prospects.

Thank God for Thatcher and her spawn. That social cohesion stuff was clearly never going to work. Leave that to the charities. They're not businesses, you know.

Actually,they are,you know.:winking:

I see Dominic Grieve, the former Attorney-General has laid into Grayling's abhorrent attempt to put politicians above the law.

And Kenneth Clarke the former Justice Minister.

I've even a Grauniad link for Barna

The number of former Tory ministers with, unlike Grayling, actual expertise in this area queuing up to point out how backwards this is must be concerning for supporters of this daftdraft legislation.

Grieve was Attorney-General, ie the government's chief legal advisor, whilst Clarke is a QC as well as a former Justice Minister. Whereas I think Grayling is the first Lord Chancellor since about the time of the Great Fire of London not to know anything about law. As with the Legal Aid reforms he seems to be way out of his depth.

I see Dominic Grieve, the former Attorney-General has laid into Grayling's abhorrent attempt to put politicians above the law.
Grayling is getting a real kicking today - I suspect this may be another policy that is quietly shelved as the legal advisers point out it is unworkable. If not it will eat up thousands of man hours of legal work and make the partners of a couple if law firms very rich.

Back