• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He has got some ****ing front talking about his family members using the NHS while he closes A&E units. Judge him by his actions not his promises.

Great speech. Very passionate and personal. Knocked Ed for six. I see the left are getting the jitters. His actions have led to the highest growth well virtually anywhere, low unemployment and getting more balance between private and public jobs. Doing pretty well. The only fly in the ointment remains UKIP. Ed must be praying that they cancel each other out and let him in. God forbid.

Great speech. Very passionate and personal. Knocked Ed for six. I see the left are getting the jitters. His actions have led to the highest growth well virtually anywhere, low unemployment and getting more balance between private and public jobs. Doing pretty well. The only fly in the ointment remains UKIP. Ed must be praying that they cancel each other out and let him in. God forbid.
If you look at the detail you'll see that the new jobs that have been created are largely low paid or part time. Low unemployment - is that a joke? It is lower than the peak during this parliament but it is still dangerously high. Balance between public and private jobs - they try to present this as a good thing but is the reduction in nurses a good thing? Is the redundancies in the armed forces advisable as a new conflict is looming? Do we benefit from the tax avoidance that doesn't get investigated as Inland Revenue don't have the manpower. Do we not mind that tourism was damaged by staff shortages at border control creating hours of queuing or that at times of heightened terrorist threat the passport office had rush process thousands of applications as the press went crazy with stories of missed holidays and honeymoons.
They try to paint these things in a positive light but it doesn't make it so.

A quote I read in a paper over someone's shoulder on the train this morning:

The Conservative Party is so short of compassion that it would have you believe if you're poor you deserve to be punished.

(Or something like that. I can't remember the exact wording.)

Isn't that better than them being on the dole? Or does it only count once they've accepted a position at Goldman Sachs?
Yes, I was wrong, let us rejoice at the creation of low paid low skilled no progression jobs that make poor use of the talent there to be tapped into. Surely we aspire to more than that?

No doubt the Mirror.

Actually it was either the Metro or something similar. It definitely wasn't one I was expecting.

It was an opinion by a guy named Andreas somethingorother. He had a double barrelled surname, but I can't remember it, if that's any help.

Yes, I was wrong, let us rejoice at the creation of low paid low skilled no progression jobs that make poor use of the talent there to be tapped into. Surely we aspire to more than that?

but your analysis is not true. We produce more cars at ther Nissan car plant than all of Italy. We produce IIRR about 60% of the Dreamliner, so the new Maclaren factory is all minimum wage??!!. I could go on but can't be arsed. We've all done menial jobs in our time. It's what makes you strive for other things.

Actually it was either the Metro or something similar. It definitely wasn't one I was expecting.

It was an opinion by a guy named Andreas somethingorother. He had a double barrelled surname, but I can't remember it, if that's any help.

I see the Sun's applauding Cameron's speech saying he's started listening to them. That should send shudders up Labour HQ

but your analysis is not true. We produce more cars at ther Nissan car plant than all of Italy. We produce IIRR about 60% of the Dreamliner, so the new Maclaren factory is all minimum wage??!!. I could go on but can't be arsed. We've all done menial jobs in our time. It's what makes you strive for other things.
One Direction are massively successful in USA but stating that success doesn't mean that high youth unemployment is a fallacy. The official figures show that many of the jobs created over the last couple of years are part time / low pay / short term contracts.

I see the Sun's applauding Cameron's speech saying he's started listening to them. That should send shudders up Labour HQ
The Sun backed Blair in his first election and I think that is probably the one and only time. The Sun is generally accepted to be a right leaning paper and their backing of Labour would not be expected in the same way that Cameron won't lose sleep over The Mirror not coming out in support if the Tories.

The Sun backed Blair in his first election and I think that is probably the one and only time. The Sun is generally accepted to be a right leaning paper and their backing of Labour would not be expected in the same way that Cameron won't lose sleep over The Mirror not coming out in support if the Tories.

They certainly backed Labour in 2001 - only a couple of years after they declared the Conservatives as a party that was 'a dead parrot'

Meanwhile in Germany...
http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsand...many-scraps-tuition-fees-for-all-universities

The promises by the Tories today just show how they're scared of UKIP, and it marks a significant shift to the right. They're so scared that Cameron has had to politicise the sad death of his son - something that I respected him previously for not politicising.

It's a tricky one. I see where you're coming from, but I think his tone was spot on during that part of his speech. I'm sure that talking about Ivan wasn't a decision he took lightly.

It's a tricky one. I see where you're coming from, but I think his tone was spot on during that part of his speech. I'm sure that talking about Ivan wasn't a decision he took lightly.

No I guess not.

The criticism he's faced from all parties (including Tory supporters) about his complex, unevidenced, expensive and radical changes to the NHS are valid - to rebuke them by saying 'I take offence at people who say I don't care about the NHS' was IMO trying to pass the issue off. Maybe I'm sceptical but it seemed like a way of stopping people from being so vociferous about his changes to the NHS.

I don't like him (or other politicians) appealing to emotion rather than reason, but if he's constantly attacked for how his background means he supposedly can't empathise with "hard working families" then I'm not sure he had much option but to go in that direction. In fact I find it pretty hypocritical that people constantly have a go at his upbringing because his parents sent him to a certain school and yet then criticise him when he talks about his background. That's having your cake and eating it, so it's no wonder we are facing an obesity epidemic.... It's like people attacking Ed Miliband for looking stupid and not looking Prime Ministerial. Have a go at him instead for the stupid things he says/does/doesn't say. I'd much rather people debated policy than personality. And on that note the BBC should be better than constantly focusing in on the leaders' wives. We're electing the man (because sadly they are all men) not his wife.

The worst thing about Cameron's speech was his attack on human rights and the rule of law. It's not as if recent events in Hong Kong were an obvious reminder of the need for the Human Rights Act.

I don't like him (or other politicians) appealing to emotion rather than reason, but if he's constantly attacked for how his background means he supposedly can't empathise with "hard working families" then I'm not sure he had much option but to go in that direction. In fact I find it pretty hypocritical that people constantly have a go at his upbringing because his parents sent him to a certain school and yet then criticise him when he talks about his background. That's having your cake and eating it, so it's no wonder we are facing an obesity epidemic.... It's like people attacking Ed Miliband for looking stupid and not looking Prime Ministerial. Have a go at him instead for the stupid things he says/does/doesn't say. I'd much rather people debated policy than personality. And on that note the BBC should be better than constantly focusing in on the leaders' wives. We're electing the man (because sadly they are all men) not his wife.

The worst thing about Cameron's speech was his attack on human rights and the rule of law. It's not as if recent events in Hong Kong were an obvious reminder of the need for the Human Rights Act.

"You must spread some Fasto points around before giving it to Yorkshire Blue again"

Good points YB.

I think we all do but even a journey of a thousand miles has to begin with a single step.

Thats very true Gremlin, just this morning I went into my local Martins to get a paper and a new face was behind the counter, about 18, very polite especially for 6.00 am, asked him what time he got there he said 5.30 am and would be there till 6 pm tonight

Joked his pay was crap and he said its £ 6.50 an hour four or five long days but was better than being on the dole and who knows if it could lead to better things for him, topman :happy:

Totally agree every journey needs a first step

UTS

I think we all do but even a journey of a thousand miles has to begin with a single step.
Very true, unfortunately the majority of jobs created over the last couple of years have been of the first step nature and being taken up by people who would expect to be in fourth or fifth step jobs - that is the problem - unemployment reducing and those same people still being on the breadline.

Back