• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benefit Society !

mrsblue I think I understand some of your frustrations, but also think you are looking at it from the wrong angle. Like I said before, this family must be filling forms in wrongly or separately to beat the benefits cap. Somethings not quite right there.
Yes it's a ridiculous system that encourages women to have more children to get benefits that would beat a working wage and a flat or house thrown in.
If your moaning now, the wotsit hasn't even hit the fan yet. There is a certain religion that over the last 15 years has just shot up to an alarming average of 8 children per couple. The husbands are allowed to have many wives under their law, so any widowed or single women are being taken and they are multiplying like rabbits also. This country will soon run out of large houses to give them and the benefit system won't cope, especially when their children do the same thing.
Something needs to be done to discourage all unemployed people from having more than 2 children. Something also needs to be done to lower teenage pregnancies.

The very same minority where women giving birth demand Caesarian op which puts the NHS under further pressure!

I think I will end up as frustrated as I would reading about hungry young forwards if I read all of this so I'll just say that finding out how much income someone has - even if the info comes from that person - is rarely accurate so I wouldn't base too much on that personally.

The very same minority where women giving birth demand Caesarian op which puts the NHS under further pressure!
What the hell are you on about now? For a supposed 'mrs' you do like trying to antagonise women on here.

It's difficult to just demand a c-section if you don't have any medical need for one. However there are some people who are anxious about childbirth, even after various interventions and support, and therefore a c-section is provided because the baby has to come out somehow!

What the hell are you on about now? For a supposed 'mrs' you do like trying to antagonise women on here.

It's difficult to just demand a c-section if you don't have any medical need for one. However there are some people who are anxious about childbirth, even after various interventions and support, and therefore a c-section is provided because the baby has to come out somehow!
I have often wondered if this user is Mrs Blue or Mr S Blue

Being middle aged I know plenty of people who have had kids and only know of one person who had a C-section and she planned to have a natural birth until medical circumstances changed it at the last minute.

I doubt the NHS is struggling to cope with women choosing C-sections, must be a very small minority if its even possible. Wasnt even discussed with my two kids as anything other than an option for a breach or other issue.

Being middle aged I know plenty of people who have had kids and only know of one person who had a C-section and she planned to have a natural birth until medical circumstances changed it at the last minute.

I doubt the NHS is struggling to cope with women choosing C-sections, must be a very small minority if its even possible. Wasnt even discussed with my two kids as anything other than an option for a breach or other issue.

My Mrs had a planned section earlier this year. It was due to medical reasons, and I find it weird how we always have caveat it by saying 'medical reasons' because you feel like you're being judged by people who don't really know what they on about (mrsblue et al).

If you have a planned section because you're absolutely terrified then that's fine by me because childbirth seems like a pretty scary thing IMO.

If you want one because you're lazy or don't want a downstairs that looks like a wizard's sleeve then I think the NHS is doing a good job of persuading them to go natural or go private. The NHS would rather pass you around a couple of consultants and midwives than fork out the extra £1000 that a c-section costs on average.

I know categorically I am correct !

just had a quick bing about caesarians (I don't google as you would expect as those *******s don't pay their tax). I can find nothing about Muslim women opting for caesarians. Most studies suggest the reason for women seeking them are fear of child birth. Most that occur are due to complications during birth or worries about the health of the child or mother.
I'd love to see the evidence for the original statement.

I know categorically I am correct !

About what?

Are there some people having sections who don't really need one? Without doubt.

Is it a big issue? I doubt it. There are much bigger challenges facing the NHS.

What % of women choose to have C-sections without specific medical reasons?

Ethnic females have an unusually high rate of C-section in the western world,The NHS had an internal report not for public consumption which explained the soaring costs of this op,Trusts are too scared for fear of being labelled racist to put it into the public domain.The report suggested 76% of ethnic females demand C-section.

Ethnic females have an unusually high rate of C-section in the western world,The NHS had an internal report not for public consumption which explained the soaring costs of this op,Trusts are too scared for fear of being labelled racist to put it into the public domain.The report suggested 76% of ethnic females demand C-section.

find it hard to believe this would stay secret for more than 5 minutes if true

76% ? They may well 'demand' it but they certainly dont get it.

The percentage of deliveries with a known ethnicity (including not stated) was 98.3% (660,079). 24.8%
(116,960) of white mothers had a caesarean delivery and 62.2% (293,148) had a spontaneous delivery, whilst
33.5% (10,886) and 59.8% (19,417) of black mothers had a caesarean delivery or spontaneous delivery,
respectively. This is compared to 27.2% (19,023) of Asian mothers who had a caesarean delivery and 60.0%
(41,973) who had a spontaneous delivery.

It is 9% higher in black mothers and 3% higher in Asian according to that, hardly scandal inducing (excuse the pun)

Source http://www.hscic.gov.uk/catalogue/PUB12744/nhs-mate-eng-2012-13-summ-repo-rep.pdf

The percentage of deliveries with a known ethnicity (including not stated) was 98.3% (660,079). 24.8%
(116,960) of white mothers had a caesarean delivery and 62.2% (293,148) had a spontaneous delivery, whilst
33.5% (10,886) and 59.8% (19,417) of black mothers had a caesarean delivery or spontaneous delivery,
respectively. This is compared to 27.2% (19,023) of Asian mothers who had a caesarean delivery and 60.0%
(41,973) who had a spontaneous delivery.

It is 9% higher in black mothers amd 3% higher in Asian according to that, hardly scandal inducing (excuse the pun)

:smile: I like the phrase 'spontaneous delivery'. I mean, the women must have some idea of what is about to happen.

What % of women choose to have C-sections without specific medical reasons?

The definitive study was conducted by LSHTM in 2010.

I'm not sure if regular people (!) can access the BMJ but the study is here:

http://www.bmj.com/content/341/bmj.c5065
http://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/341/bmj.c5065.full.pdf

The study looked at all births in 2008 in 146 NHS trusts.

A total of 313,987 women (51% of sample) had none of the specified clinical risk factors for a c-section. Just 15431 (4.9%) of these women had a caesarean section. These consisted of 4499 (29%) emergency deliveries and 10932 (71%) elective procedures.

0.51 * 0.049 * 0.71 = 1.7% of all births was a elective c-section by a mother with no prior clinical risk factor.

This study was widely reported by the media as dispelling the 'too posh to push' myth:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11485987
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/nov/21/childbirth-nhs

Absolute ****ing bollocks. It's clear you don't have a clue what you're on about. I'm saying that at someone who works in this area.

The definitive study was conducted by LSHTM in 2010.

I'm not sure if regular people (!) can access the BMJ but the study is here:

http://www.bmj.com/content/341/bmj.c5065
http://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/341/bmj.c5065.full.pdf

The study looked at all births in 2008 in 146 NHS trusts.

A total of 313,987 women (51% of sample) had none of the specified clinical risk factors for a c-section. Just 15431 (4.9%) of these women had a caesarean section. These consisted of 4499 (29%) emergency deliveries and 10932 (71%) elective procedures.

This study was widely reported by the media as dispelling the 'too posh to push' myth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11485987
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/nov/21/childbirth-nhs

That was 6 year's ago!!Times have changed.

Absolute ****ing bollocks. It's clear you don't have a clue what you're on about. I'm saying that at someone who works in this area.

You know the truth then ?

Or are you working as a janitor?

Back