• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thorpe Hall School

Did anyone hear anything about this?

BBC

Without wanting to get all paedogeddon, the recent stories (Rotherham, Yewtree, now this) just goes to show how child sex abuse/paedophilia is more rife than anyone ever realised. Shocking that he may have got away with these crimes for years and years.

If you read the piece it seems that he commited no crime in the physical sense but had taken pictures of boys and also brought videos on-line which is bad enough in my eyes but he would have only got 6 months inside and gone on the peado register for a number of years,not a harsh sentance in itself but his life would have been over so he ended it the cowards way.
My thoughts go out to the victims and their familys,he got off lighty and ive said this before but he should be sentanced and buried in an unmarked grave in prison grounds as they do in Israel.

I'm aware of the implications here, but this man was not even remotely on the same scale as Savile. He seems to have been "only" a voyeur, and clearly a lonely man with his sad, sordid secret. Did he take the coward's way out? Well, yes, I guess he did. I feel sorry for the victims and their families and also for his own family, who must be in shock themselves. A very, very sad state of affairs.

I'm aware of the implications here, but this man was not even remotely on the same scale as Savile. He seems to have been "only" a voyeur, and clearly a lonely man with his sad, sordid secret. Did he take the coward's way out? Well, yes, I guess he did. I feel sorry for the victims and their families and also for his own family, who must be in shock themselves. A very, very sad state of affairs.

Exactly the same scale. You don't get different degrees of nonces. A nonce is a nonce

Exactly the same scale. You don't get different degrees of nonces. A nonce is a nonce

No, he has not been accused of touching a boy in a sexual manner or of any of the many sordid crimes attributed to Savile. Not even remotely close. Are you saying that one murderer is the same as any other murderer regardless of the severity of the crime? That Lee Hughes is the same as Peter Sutcliffe? I rather think sentences passed might indicate that this isn't the case. There are always scales of severity in any crime.

No, he has not been accused of touching a boy in a sexual manner or of any of the many sordid crimes attributed to Savile. Not even remotely close. Are you saying that one murderer is the same as any other murderer regardless of the severity of the crime? That Lee Hughes is the same as Peter Sutcliffe? I rather think sentences passed might indicate that this isn't the case. There are always scales of severity in any crime.

It's you who is saying they're not on the same scale.

It's a horrendous crime that he was found to have committed. Especially because they can't identify the (number of) victims.

Unlike saville, he was a teacher and therefore trusted a huge amount. He's be found to have completely breached that trust.

Would they both end up on the sex offenders register? Would either of them be able to work with kids again? I rest my case

It's you who is saying they're not on the same scale.

It's a horrendous crime that he was found to have committed. Especially because they can't identify the (number of) victims.

Unlike saville, he was a teacher and therefore trusted a huge amount. He's be found to have completely breached that trust.

Stop winding up OBL.

Go and watch the BrassEye special instead.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/brass-eye/on-demand

Would they both end up on the sex offenders register? Would either of them be able to work with kids again? I rest my case

Sorry thats nonsense. Or should that be noncense.

If they were the same crime they would get the same punishment. You take pictures of kids and you will not get the same punishment as physically abusing them.

That doesnt mean its not a disgusting crime, it is and especially from a teacher.

That's about the only similarity then, the amount of trust shown in them both. I just want to make clear that I am NOT defending him at all, what he did was obviously wrong and if he was alive then he would, I imagine, be facing a custodial sentence, but I don't think it WOULD be comparable to those who actually have been found guilty of physical relations with minors.

That's about the only similarity then, the amount of trust shown in them both. I just want to make clear that I am NOT defending him at all, what he did was obviously wrong and if he was alive then he would, I imagine, be facing a custodial sentence, but I don't think it WOULD be comparable to those who actually have been found guilty of physical relations with minors.

He would get no more than 6 months to a year banned from teaching and on the register for a number of years,nothing at all really

I knew there would be a someone who would talk sense and a posse of people who just want to go armed with pitchforks.

OBL is absolutely right here.

Nonce, yes. Embarrassment to his employers, yes. Savile-esque (as yet), no.

Should have his remains fed to the pigs though, the pigs slaughtered and then cooked up into paedo bacon and fed to other paedos.

Some uncomfortable questions for Essex Police here. It would seem that they had info on him over two years ago but took a long time to get on the case. I wonder how many more poor kids were compromised during that time?

Some uncomfortable questions for Essex Police here. It would seem that they had info on him over two years ago but took a long time to get on the case. I wonder how many more poor kids were compromised during that time?

Hhmm info on someone that is or was still working with children. Well done police again. Wonder if they will blame this one on cuts.

I knew there would be a someone who would talk sense and a posse of people who just want to go armed with pitchforks.

Should have his remains fed to the pigs though, the pigs slaughtered and then cooked up into paedo bacon and fed to other paedos.

I don't see a posse of pitchfork-wielding posters on here. I also don't see anyone claiming that his crimes are on the same level as Savile either.

are there different levels of nonce? They will all be banned form being near children so as far as that goes, they are the same

He might have 'only' taken photos, but how long would it have been before he went a step further?

Questions certainly need to be asked of the police given the time they had the information in hand for.

Back