• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it's all about the money, if we get say 2 million up front which is a big ask.........I would sell right away.

Who is the mythical goal scorer that would :

a) Want to come to us
b) Be allowed to leave his team in Jan

For b) I am assuming he would be someone who is currently banging them in for fun !

Daily Mail says Watford interested.
But that is the Daily Mail , so make your own minds up about that one .......

Depends if Ted Smith is ready to step up to the first team. If we time the Dan Bentley sale perfectly, Ted will come straight in and pick up from where Bents left off. Only worry is that the Dan Bentley money will be filed away with the Eastwood money and we won't get our proven goalscorer.

I highly doubt Ted is anywhere near ready.

Bentley was around the first team for ages before breaking through, I dont see Ted being anywhere near the first team for a year or two yet. The fact Paul Smith played in the cup reinforces this.

I highly doubt Ted is anywhere near ready.

Bentley was around the first team for ages before breaking through, I dont see Ted being anywhere near the first team for a year or two yet. The fact Paul Smith played in the cup reinforces this.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

OUR goalkeeper Daniel Bentley.

So Daniel is a target for Championship leaders Watford(Daily Mail today)how do we feel? Maybe weakens the defence but good money for improvement up top?

Whatever money we could get from selling DB i doubt would be re-invested in the team.

If he goes in January we could just get a goalie on loan for the rest of the season. There must be loads of keepers out there dying for some action.

CP tweeted that Bentley is 50/50 for tomorrow due to a knee injury. Ted or Paul Smith instead then?

goal keeper

If Bentley is only rated at 50/50 for the game tuesday who should go in goal PAUL OR TED SMITH . Tough call this one .

may well be number 2 But phil Brown does not do what is logical thing .When it comes for selection for a important game .

Phil will pick Paul Smith if Bentley can't play. Would like to see Ted Smith play to see how he would get on when Bentley moves on.

Back