• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fm 2015

On my FM14 save the council are amazingly helpful, they can't stop building stadiums!

After a few years I did move to Fossetts Farm but this was only while the capacity at Roots Hall was increased a bit, then a couple of seasons later a brand new "Southend Stadium" was built for me to move into.

Every time my stadium was expanded I had to play at Wembley for a season. :smile:

Just downloaded the demo, first impression is that Coker's rating is ridiculously low but like the new look

No offence to our researcher as it must be a thankless task, but as Leonard is still down as a right back Im not holding out much hope for accurancy and havent really played the beta as want to use the editor to make a few adjustments first.

I quite like the new sidebar, but the tactics screen is a major step back in a lot of areas. Making changes to roles etc is a pain in the backside now,when you used to just change it on the tactic board in a single click.

Signed Gower too and had Bill Garner stolen from me by Brighton. Playing with the new patch and Leonard has his CM position back. Sticking with the 4-3-3DM that served me very well in FM14 with Shaq as a false nine and Worrall as inside forward.

Every time my stadium was expanded I had to play at Wembley for a season. :smile:

No offence to our researcher as it must be a thankless task, but as Leonard is still down as a right back Im not holding out much hope for accurancy and havent really played the beta as want to use the editor to make a few adjustments first.

I quite like the new sidebar, but the tactics screen is a major step back in a lot of areas. Making changes to roles etc is a pain in the backside now,when you used to just change it on the tactic board in a single click.

Have you downloaded the newest patch as the above seems to indicate that Leonard has his CM rating back?

It did update last night but I loaded a save game so wouldnt have picked it up.

Will wait till the release now and start a new game and make any changes in the editor.

I don't mean to be rude to the above researcher, but if the game has basic errors like our most recent player of the year's position, I'm not sure I will bother buying it. Clicking the link to the SI forums bug list and there are too many.

Will be the first time since CM2 I haven't bought it too. But then I do play it less every year, barely at all in 2014. Micro-management and press releases have taken the fun out.

CM2 97/98 season will never be bettered!

Just finished my first SUFC season, won the league with 100 points and 18 games unbeaten!

Definitely recommend signing Mark Gower, he was absolutely class. Shaq, Hurst and Worrall were all immense, just sold Worrall for 240k to sheffield united.

TON.jpgGOWER.jpgKAV.jpgSHAQ.jpgWozza.jpg

This is the side im taking into league 1, fairly happy with it with some amazing young players (Next post cannot attach here)

Just finished my first SUFC season, won the league with 100 points and 18 games unbeaten!

Definitely recommend signing Mark Gower, he was absolutely class. Shaq, Hurst and Worrall were all immense, just sold Worrall for 240k to sheffield united.

View attachment 2911View attachment 2908View attachment 2909View attachment 2910View attachment 2912

This is the side im taking into league 1, fairly happy with it with some amazing young players (Next post cannot attach here)

How unrealistic :winking:

I see we play the same formation. Currently in 2nd after 22 games, 2 points behind Shrewsbury who are on 48. Signed Mark Gower, Lescinel Jean-Francois, Boubakari Alim, Morten Koch, Esteban Lopez and Johnny Gorman.

I also signed these two, both worked wonders! The 433(1DM) is my fav tactic to use but im using Wingers instead of IF to just flood the box with crosses, seems to be working

Bought the game on Steam yesterday. Started out at Bristol Rovers.

Signed Emile Heskey on a free - He still doesn't score! loads of assists though. Paul McCallum on loan from the hammers, Sean McGuire on loan and Leo Chambers too. Signed this young guy Andrew Bridges who bagged four in 45 minutes in the England Triallist game and scored for me in 1 pre season trial game then got injured. Yet to see if he can cut it in the conference.

McCallum got 4 in his second game then picked up an injury!

I'm only 4 games in and have won 3 and drawn 1 playing a simple 4-4-2. Players fitness is woeful!

Liking the game...

Mark Pennington from everton and sami ajay from the gunners both good defenders and turgott from the hammers is a good winger.

Every other year I struggle to get in to FM, the other years I seem to play 40 seasons.

This year seems to be an off year, cant really get in to it, and to make it worse a save game corupted that lost me about 10 games so even more loathe to get back in.

My copy of FM2015 should be arriving today, and I'm looking at doing a Southend United save.

Which players should I be looking at bringing in on either loan deals or free transfers, and who should I be looking to ship out?

Also, which formations are the best to use? I'm looking at a 4-2-3-1 system at the minute.

Not played FM for a good few years now, so looking forward to this one.

My copy of FM2015 should be arriving today, and I'm looking at doing a Southend United save.

Which players should I be looking at bringing in on either loan deals or free transfers, and who should I be looking to ship out?

Also, which formations are the best to use? I'm looking at a 4-2-3-1 system at the minute.

Not played FM for a good few years now, so looking forward to this one.

As already mentioned Mark Gower on a free is still a class above, ended up my player of the year in season one (promoted via the play-offs). Also had him tutor Clifford who's developing into a superb all round midfielder.

Southend are pretty strong on the game so not too many signings are needed, the full back positions are maybe the weakest in the squad (Coker is laughably underrated). I brought in Luke O'Neill and Charlie Taylor on loan and both ended up with average ratings of well above 7. Bolger and Ibenfeldt were a colossal partnership at centre back and Coulthirst is a goal machine.

As for formations I've really struggled to get a 4-2-3-1 going on the game, it just doesn't offer enough defensively. To start with at Southend I tried a 4-4-2 but found we just kept getting overrun in midfield, ended up switching to a possession based 4-1-4-1 which was solid defensively and produced some excellent football.

Can someone tell me how do I search for players to buy. Can only do this via scouted players which is crap

Last edited:
It's in the scouting bit Dave, should be 'all known players' at the top IIRC. What shows/how many players show depends on your scouting knowledge.

Currently 4th in League 1 in Christmas 2017, mostly playing a 4-3-3.

Initially got promoted in my first season via the playoffs. Signed Mark Gower as many others have, and he's now on my coaching staff having retired two seasons after signing. Emile Heskey on a free was a less than inspired signing but Tom Eaves joined on loan and joined permanently at the end of the season having won the Player of the Year award.

Only players left from the current squad are Bentley, my captain, Bolger, vice captain and player of the year for the last 2 years, Clifford, more of a rotation player, Williams who I bought in on loan and have since signed on a free, and Coultihurst also stayed on loan then joined for free when his Tottenham contract expired, he's on fire and my current top scorer. Worrall is also still involved and Leonard would be but was sold to Chesterfield for £400k.

Gower is joined on the coaching staff by Flahavan, Maher, Ibenfeldt, as well as Dean Morgan, Joe Cole, Wes Brown, Thomas Hitzelsperger and some others.

Other notable signings are...
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (ST) on loan from Preston then on a free
Ben Pearson (MC) from Man Utd on a free and now a key player despite being young
Daniel Alfei (DR) signed cheaply from Swansea and versatile and reliable
Karleigh Osborne (DC) from Bristol City is solid at the back

We score a lot and concede a lot and tend to go through stretches where we remain unbeaten for a month or two buy then can't win for love nor money for a few weeks.

Have just also been given the Turkey national team job having been headhunted, possibly the strangest thing ever. So I'm juggling that alongside Southend, on £1.7k a week with SUFC and £23k a week with Turkey.

Back