• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fm 2015

We score a lot and concede a lot and tend to go through stretches where we remain unbeaten for a month or two buy then can't win for love nor money for a few weeks.

This seems to be the story of the game for me, go on a long winning streak, then can't buy a win for love nor money, pick up again before an end of season collapse costs me.

I must be losing my touch with the game as I always have a lot to complain about with 2015. every season I suffer with an overload of injuries, and when 14 (six first teamers) were out at one point, and Ron called me in to discuss my porr form, he claimed there was no injury crisis. This has happened a couple of times.

It just feels to me, they take the unusual oddities in football, and make it a regularity. The spanking someone only to lose to their one shot on target, the excessive number of injuries, the end of season collapse, the scoring right after kick off, this happened to me three times in a row in one games, 3 goals in two minutes meaning I lost four two, the numbr of injury time levellers. i can pretty much tell you how a game will pan out, within about 20/30 minutes of the game having taken place as well. Maybe I'm just being a sore loser, but it just doesn't feel like you really have that much control.

For the record, I lost the play off final in season one to an 89th minute Shrewsbury winner, was pushing for auto's but an end of season collapse saw me fall away and only just make play offs.

A massive injury crisis saw me drop from first to eighth in my second season, only to sneak back into to contention, but another end of season collapse saw me drop to seventh again, the collapse continued into the play offs and I got spanked 6-2 by Luton in the play-offs.

Third season, same story, was smashing it, winningsix out of my first seven, then another crucifying run of long term injuries to first teamers saw m struggle, and by the time they were all back, it was time for my end of season collapse, and I finished eighth.

I've employed more fitness coaches, physio's, played with training, and nothing seems to resolve the load of injuries I constantly suffer, or the end of season collapses. And they are really bad, losing 1-6, 0-7, 5-0, home and away to teams who are struggling at the bottom of the tables without a win in ten. It's mental, as my defence is normally in the top 5 until this kicks in, Bolger was being muted for player of the season in the second year.

Oh, well, fourth time lucky.

Jack Barmby on loan has proved quality for me.

Yeah, I've had him on loan for three seasons now, been a decent addition.

So annoyed. Put together a good squad and have just got Southend up to the Championship.

Went to load up the game and it says 'the saved game can not load'.

Any ideas how to fix?

Hadn't played FM 13 or 14, but decided to go with FM 15 as it was on offer with Steam (damn them!).

Used the quick career mode. Started the season with a 4-2 win at Accrington (Barnard x2, Worrall x2), followed by a 4-1 defeat to Ipswich in the cup with Bolger having a nightmare.

Stevenage next and started with Barnard and Corr up front, Barnard scoring quickly and then Corr had a penalty saved. They scored just after HT, so Jason Williams came on for Corr and with 10 minutes left he scored.

Game finished and a bloody error comes up .... load it up again and it is now just before the Accrington game. Typical!! :angry:

I find them hard to get into, its the initial setup that puts me off with finding players and friendlies etc once I get into a game I like it but I keep getting the assistant to pick the team

So annoyed. Put together a good squad and have just got Southend up to the Championship.

Went to load up the game and it says 'the saved game can not load'.

Any ideas how to fix?

Bit late replying but I had the same.

The only thing you can do is to make sure you have rolling saves so if it happens you only lose a week or two. Nothing you can do to retrieve a corrupt save sadly.

Currently in my 3rd season and sitting nicely in the Championship play-offs, 6pts off top. For a change though I don't want promotion. Half my squad are out of contract end of season and not wanting to negotiate new term. Everyone I'm interested in doesn't think Southend would be a good career move for them. Premiership 2018/19 is the aim

Currently in my 3rd season and sitting nicely in the Championship play-offs, 6pts off top. For a change though I don't want promotion. Half my squad are out of contract end of season and not wanting to negotiate new term. Everyone I'm interested in doesn't think Southend would be a good career move for them. Premiership 2018/19 is the aim

what's the secret to your success? cheating? saving and replaying games - classic.

Im in my 3rd season too I think

I went up twice in my first two seasons but the Championship has proven a struggle and I sit in the bottom third.

I had Joao Rodríguez from Chelsea on loan for the second half of my League ONe season and he scored 20 odd goals from January. I was then able to sign him on a free the end of the season but couldnt get a work permit. Signed him anyway and shipped him out on loan as he is worth a couple of million and will either hope he gets a permit later or Ill flog him.

In summer 2020, preparing for the Europa League after losing to Champions League placed Manchester City in the FA Cup final, with the game finishing 3-1 AET. Finished 11th in our first season in the Premier League, started well and were 6th going in to December but had a tough run of fixtures and collapsed to 14th but recovered towards the end of the season to finish 11th.

Got a mammoth transfer budget of £30 million for this summer, signed Diego Oliveira from Atletico Madrid for £15 million, a regen striker who hopefully will help to cure our lack of goals problem. A strange one as we scored for fun in League 2, League 1 and the Championship, but then struggled to bring in top quality strikers after promotion. In the end Joao Rodriguez, who I signed on a free, picked up an injury and missed 5 months while Callum Saunders, who cost £2.5 million, scored 8 in 28. Also brought in Alexander Milik for £3 million from Leverkusen to add a bit more quality up front.

A few players have had offers made for them and been unsettled by that, most cases an improved contract has resolved the issue as some are still on low wages, my player of the year, Sheyi Ojo, who I signed on a free from Liverpool two seasons ago, was still on £3k a week but is now up to £34k after Villa came in for him.

Bentley, Bolger and Coutihurst are still at the club, DB being captain and first choice keeper, while the other two are more reserve choices now.

Well just got promoted to the Premier league after two seasons in the Championship and my tansfer budget? £20k for the year.

Righto.

Within 3 weeks I went from 1 million in the red to 9 million in credit from season ticket sales and TV money.

Stupid game, thank god for the editor.

Ive put off buying FM 15, as is usual with all previous releases, it only seems to have all the bugs ironed out, when the final patch is released. So, is this the case? Since the last patch is it more playable??.

Other than that I posted above Ive not had any problems with it.

Seemed pretty playable right away, although I didnt really start straight away so might have had a couple of patches by now.

what's the secret to your success? cheating? saving and replaying games - classic.

Late reply but only just seen this. Just a genius mate, more than happy to print screen if I really have to prove it no cheating, my biggest fee ever spent was 45k on Lee Tomlin. Transfer listed at M'bro. Had a couple of 5 game losing streaks during the season. Was very lucky to get Darren Bent on a 2k a week deal in L1. Championship season got junior hoillet on a free and hes scored 25 and assisted 16 so far from the wing

First season in the Premiership, hardly strenghtened and within 10 games was comfortably in 6th place, raking money in with my league one/Championship level wages.

Sadly now lost 4 in a row and the wheels have come off so may need to strengthen in January.

Ive gone back to playing Cm 01/02 with the current database. Still love it. In premiership now with only Bentley Surviving. Only thing that gets annoying is you cant use the right mouse button. Still so enjoyable, and you race through the seasons.

Cm01.jpg

First season in the Premiership, hardly strenghtened and within 10 games was comfortably in 6th place, raking money in with my league one/Championship level wages.

Sadly now lost 4 in a row and the wheels have come off so may need to strengthen in January.

I had a similar run in my first season in the Premiership, started well then fell apart. Fortunately finished around midtable and then got a big transfer budget. Signed Arkadiusz Milik from Bayer Leverkusen for £3.4 million and he's scored 29 in 34 and I'm currently 4th with 9 games left. Only major changes were bringing in a striker and another midfielder.

DB is the only player to have survived, Bolger and Shaq are both out on loan and their contracts are up at the end of the season and won't be renewed.

Just had Dan Bentley leave for free as he wasn't interested in discussing a new contract despite getting promoted into the Championship, to sign for Brentford who went up with us (and Birmingham).

We beat Barnsley in the play off semi final 8-2 on aggregate after losing the first game 2-0 and then beat Derby in the final 1-0.

I've not got into an FM since 2008. They just seem so involved and so dull. I know I can use the 'lite' version or whatever they call it but then I assume that there's key features which I'm not able to access.

I'm toying with buying a new PC at the moment and I think that may encourage me to give FM15 a go.

Back