• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most shocking thing is us allegedly paying him £1k a week when he was 16

But sold to derby for 1.2mil? No, he absolutely wasn't. Don't believe the tosh written, just as bad journalism as in our echo. They've plucked those figures from an older article, they are false.

Saw him playing for Farnborough at Salisbury the season before last-he didn't remotely resemble a £1 million pound player.In fact he got pulled off at half-time.

Yet another story of a youngster who thought he'd already made it. If he was earning a grand a week with us and four grand a week at Derby, he could have put that money aside and still been living off it now whilst earning his coaching badges and still being involved in the game, albeit a different route. Instead, things didn't work out and he's found himself penniless, imitating Kakuta in an attempt to maintain his champagne lifestyle on lemonade money.

I work with the sister of a former highly rated youngster at West Ham and she told me how he was earning six grand a month as a 16-year-old. He was plagued by injury and by the time the doc told him he'd never play professionally again, he was on the dole as he'd spent every penny he earned.

These kids no doubt think it's the start of several more huge paycheques coming their way and it might be unfair for me to comment, as I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I do feel more support needs to be given to these young lads. Support in terms of money management and a large dose of reality so they're brought swiftly back into the reality that in 2 or 3 years time, their careers could be over and they're back in the real world.

Yet another story of a youngster who thought he'd already made it. If he was earning a grand a week with us and four grand a week at Derby, he could have put that money aside and still been living off it now whilst earning his coaching badges and still being involved in the game, albeit a different route. Instead, things didn't work out and he's found himself penniless, imitating Kakuta in an attempt to maintain his champagne lifestyle on lemonade money.

I work with the sister of a former highly rated youngster at West Ham and she told me how he was earning six grand a month as a 16-year-old. He was plagued by injury and by the time the doc told him he'd never play professionally again, he was on the dole as he'd spent every penny he earned.

These kids no doubt think it's the start of several more huge paycheques coming their way and it might be unfair for me to comment, as I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I do feel more support needs to be given to these young lads. Support in terms of money management and a large dose of reality so they're brought swiftly back into the reality that in 2 or 3 years time, their careers could be over and they're back in the real world.

The support comes from the agents who in turn refer to financial and legal advisors. The main issue is trying to convince a 16 year old person to save for the future.

Last edited:
We did not sell him to derby for 1 million. Can somebody confirm this because this has been written time and time again throughout the duration of this case/story and I hope I'm not going mad. That never happened though, right!?

No we certainly didnt see him for 1million, although there may have been a long list of add-ons if he had done well and not turned to a life of crime

Back