• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2015

Another bore. This is meant to be racing at the highest level not a fuel saving contest. Too many engine requirements, to many design restrictions, no room for good ideas and innovations any more.

I thought this interview with Fernly would have merited more comment but for some reason the Sky boys decided it want worth much discussion - or are they on board as well?

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12477/9877466/force-indias-bob-fernley-says-top-four-teams-want-to-control-f1

Good stuff, thanks for the link.

I don't think it needs to be an either/or to have both consumer teams and independent racing teams on the grid. It's good that there's the investment from consumer teams and their R&D will hopefully improve road cars. However appeasing them shouldn't be at the expense of the racing principles of F1. It's a sprint race, so no need for fuel saving or refuelling. As you say, enable good design ideas and ensure that smaller teams are financially rewarded for good racing, rather than purely points. There needs to be a greater differential in tyre compounds as well.

1431517175.jpg

Hamilton on pole, Rosberg 2nd, Vettel 3rd wow that will another exciting race!

What a surprise looks like a Mercedes will win through pit stops. I am really getting bored of this sport.

Shame the Williams made a few strategy errors. might have been a bit closer.

Jules Bianchi has finally lost his battle, such a sad loss. RIP

Raikkonen retained by Ferrari for next year. Shame I was hoping to see Bottas take that seat and progress to become potentially world champion.

Raikkonen retained by Ferrari for next year. Shame I was hoping to see Bottas take that seat and progress to become potentially world champion.

Ferrari aren't going to shift from the #1/#2 driver set-up. Raikkonen brings knowledge, understanding and is a happy #2 driver. He's also quick enough to pressure Vettel without upsetting him and picks up enough points for the Constructors Championship.

I'd like to see Bottas to challenge for the Championship....

...at Williams:winking:

Watched qualifying for the first time in ages. Wish I didn't that's an hour of my life I will never get back!

Back