• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2015

Manor Marussia are cleared to race in Australia with Englishman Will Stevens named as a driver.

Manor Marussia are cleared to race in Australia with Englishman Will Stevens named as a driver.

I saw that earlier, wonder who they will have as their second driver?

Glad it's not Chilton. I've tried, I just can't like the chap. Bianchi got so much more out of that car last season. The only team with a similar disparity of drivers was Ferrari!

What a mess. As long as Sutil doesn't find his way back into the sport

So they have been ordered to give van der Garde a drive as they apparently told him they would, but they have also told the other two they would be driving so if they drop one of them surely they can do the same thing a van der Garde and get the same ruling meaning they will have to run 3 drivers. Bonkers.

They shouldn't have given him a contract saying he'll race this season then.

Sauber's response about "What we cannot do is jeopardise the safety of our team, or any other driver on the track, by having an unprepared driver in a car that has now been tailored to two other assigned drivers" is the largest amount of BS i've ever heard come from an F1 team (which is saying something). I'd imagine he'll get a large pay off and go elsewhere and the other two will race the cars.

And a wild Manor car appears

OecgC8o.jpg

From the Aus court, Van Der Garde won the appeal and immediately applied for an enforcement of the order to ensure Sauber complies, with potential sequestration of Sauber's assets and committal of its directors if the team doesn't.

The 2015 Australian GP entry list is out, and shows Ericsson and Nasr currently in the seats, not van der Garde. Hope the bailiffs show up and seize everything. I can't believe that Sauber signed 4 drivers for 2 race seats. Monisha Kaltenborn is an International Business Law expert, and doesn't know that this is fraud?

S4gntwk.png

Rumour has it van der Garde (or his sponsors) paid £8 million upfront last last year for his seat and Sauber thought they could just terminate his contract and he'd go away?

I can't imagine the current Sauber's sponsors will be too impressed with this negative press either.

He didn't drive in FP1 or 2 so lets see what happens tonight.

What a ****** cloud over the first race of the season, shame this will be what everyone will be talking about. Mclaren not looking at all good in free practice, good to see the rookie drivers doing well for Torro rosso.

Back