• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2015

Ive been watching F1 for years and yesterday was the first time I can remember turning it off before the end.

And it was probably the most boring F1 race in recent history.

The whole F1 thing is going to pot at the moment. No German Grand Prix, no French Grand prix for the last plenty of years and the Italian GP under threat.

Design and regulation restraints that result in the engines all sounding the same, the cars all looking the same and lap times only 5 seconds faster than GP2.

In addition to this the team that recently enjoyed 4 world titles now want to leave because they cant compete.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32688667

It's crap.

Let Red Bull leave, who cares? https://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2015/03/20/red-bull-wants-to-quit-let-it/

I want to see decent racing, I don't care where those tracks are that provide it.

I think there needs to be a core of stable European races to appease the fact that the vast majority of F1 fans are in Europe.

But Bernie is chasing the cash and the prices are too high for historic european circuits.

Don't give a monkeys about Red Bull. As you said, I want to see decent racing, I don't care which teams[/U ]provide it.

There are always going to be European races though, are there enough F1 approved racetracks elsewhere in the world to host a full year of racing?

Monaco, for one, will never be stopped as so many deals/sponsor events happen there. They don't even have to pay Bernie.

There are always going to be European races though, are there enough F1 approved racetracks elsewhere in the world to host a full year of racing?

Monaco, for one, will never be stopped as so many deals/sponsor events happen there. They don't even have to pay Bernie.

This is the thing, its ok to charge around Monaco with no run off areas and potentially a massive smash waiting to happen, but iconic tracks like Watkins Glen, Brands Hatch, Mosport and Paul Ricard are discarded for safety or money reasons and replaced with more Herman Tilke efforts. Bahrain? COTA? Abu Dhabi? How many people will remember these places a couple of weeks after the GP?

Same with the lookalike cars. Take the paint job off and you would be hard pushed to spot the difference.

Designers are so limited with what they can do its like GP1 which is why talented people like Newey are trying to distance themselves from it.

Says it all really, F1's jewel in the crown race and not one comment on here. Sky have been showing re-runs of 82 and 92 at Monaco. Far more entertaining.

I've lost all interest in the sport to be honest. I used to plan my life around the grand prixs now all I do is check the result!

Says it all really, F1's jewel in the crown race and not one comment on here. Sky have been showing re-runs of 82 and 92 at Monaco. Far more entertaining.

Shame for Verstappen and Hamilton. This track would be amazing to drive and I've love to go and watch but it's nearly always a procession.

Canada next, which is one of the best races and should be some upgrades there.

giphy.gif

Why the fudge did Martin bother to try and interview Cara Delevigne before the race

Back