• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
I note that only our next three home fixtures are available online at the moment, (taking us up to the Hartlepool match on 15/11/2014).

I'm interested in tickets for our home game against the Daggers on 28/12/.

Nothing about this online yet.

But from Monday, I can buy a ticket for Fulham v Brighton, the next day ie 29/12/.

Surely, Fulham don't need the money more than we do? :unsure:

Its hardly going to stop people going is it.

The next 3 games online is more than enough.

I am going to stick my neck out here and say that getting tickets for that Daggers game won't be a problem.

I am going to stick my neck out here and say that getting tickets for that Daggers game won't be a problem.

I wouldn't have thought so, either.

The only game at around that time of the year, that I had any trouble getting tickets for in recent years,was Chelsea away in the Cup (and I managed that for myself and a couple of others,thanks to a good mate).

(Somehow, I just don't see us getting to the third round this year, or drawing one of the big boys then,for that matter).

Not really my point though.

I wouldn't have thought so, either.

The only game at around that time of the year, that I had any trouble getting tickets for in recent years,was Chelsea away in the Cup (and I managed that for myself and a couple of others,thanks to a good mate).

(Somehow, I just don't see us getting to the third round this year, or drawing one of the big boys then,for that matter).

Not really my point though.

Does it really matter? Given the chances of that game being a sellout are infinitesimal, why be bothered that you can't get tickets yet? Bully for Fulham and all that, but being unable to order match tickets some 11 weeks in advance is the least of our worries.

I note that only our next three home fixtures are available online at the moment, (taking us up to the Hartlepool match on 15/11/2014).

But from Monday, I can buy a ticket for Fulham v Brighton, the next day ie 29/12/.

What does the Guardian think?

They probably do; they're still paying off about half a dozen managers!

I think you've actually picked on the only vaguely competent part of the ticket sales operation here.

They probably do; they're still paying off about half a dozen managers!

Just three actually.:smiles:

I think you've actually picked on the only vaguely competent part of the ticket sales operation here.

Far from picking on -what I agree is once again a highly competent online service,thanks largely to seatbooker-I thought I was suggesting one way the club could increase its revenue streams at what,financially speaking, is usually a difficult time of the year.

Does it really matter? Given the chances of that game being a sellout are infinitesimal, why be bothered that you can't get tickets yet? Bully for Fulham and all that, but being unable to order match tickets some 11 weeks in advance is the least of our worries.

We're often told these days that football clubs are part of the entertainment business.

Some clubs like Fulham get it and make it easy for you to book tickets in advance.

Others,like Southend just don't, I'm afraid.

only change id make to that department would be for season tickets cup games to be brought online

We're often told these days that football clubs are part of the entertainment business.

Some clubs like Fulham get it and make it easy for you to book tickets in advance.

I'm sorry but this is a ludicrous comparison. Fulham have a state of the art ticketing system born out of 13 years on the Premiership Gravy Train including a couple of seasons of European football. They "won" about £60 million for being relegated.

We have a make do and mend system starved of any sensible investment due to the "imminent" move to a new ground. The system has limitations, not least the staff who run it.

That's not to say there shouldn't be a massive overhaul of the whole ticket sales operation, there should.

But not being able to buy a ticket on-line yet for a match in 10+ weeks time is not the biggest problem. If they loaded that match up now, how many people do you think would take advantage of this in the next couple of weeks? a handful maybe.

(I like Fulham, by the way, and it's probably my favourite ground to visit in London; particularly enjoyed all those Thursday Euro games! Johnny Haynes starred in my earlier visits - no tickets in those days!!!)

only change id make to that department would be for season tickets cup games to be brought online

How would you do that? The system is set up not to sell season ticket holders' seats (for obvious reasons). It would not be feasible to put them back on the on-line market for a one-off game and even if it were, the system could not determine a buyer's right to a particular seat.

Mick has replied pretty much exactly as I would have (including the bit about enjoying visits to Craven Cottage!). Southend United could do of course lots of things better and this is one but it is a very low priority.

I'm sorry but this is a ludicrous comparison. Fulham have a state of the art ticketing system born out of 13 years on the Premiership Gravy Train including a couple of seasons of European football. They "won" about £60 million for being relegated.

We have a make do and mend system starved of any sensible investment due to the "imminent" move to a new ground. The system has limitations, not least the staff who run it.

That's not to say there shouldn't be a massive overhaul of the whole ticket sales operation, there should.

But not being able to buy a ticket on-line yet for a match in 10+ weeks time is not the biggest problem.If they loaded that match up now, how many people do you think would take advantage of this in the next couple of weeks? a handful maybe.

(I like Fulham, by the way, and it's probably my favourite ground to visit in London; particularly enjoyed all those Thursday Euro games! Johnny Haynes starred in my earlier visits - no tickets in those days!!!)

Indeed, for a club like ours that only sells 50% of tickets there is no reason to buy tickets for a game months in advance, there would be very few people that would do it so the club would gain very little doing it.

I've been doing that (in tandem with supporting SUFC) since I was a ten year old.

I'm guessing you've been asked this before , but as a 'relative' newcomer to the board , I will ask the question.
How does it work if the two teams play each other ?
Where does your loyalty lie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back