• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2wolfs

The draw for the fa cup round one is on BBC 2 at 7pm on Monday 27 October also on radio 5 live

If anyone does, they can make a killing at the bookies ....... matches next weekend.
Ah, fair enough. Would love a local team away...I've just seen Chelmsford have got Barnet in the last qualifying round next weekend, which is a tough game for them.

Chelmsford made it to the 3rd round about 73-74-75 and were drawn at home to Bobby Robsons up and coming Ipswich Town at home , they lost 3-1 but the Ipswich defence was run ragged by ex Southend winger Bernie Lewis .

Chelmsford made it to the 3rd round about 73-74-75 and were drawn at home to Bobby Robsons up and coming Ipswich Town at home , they lost 3-1 but the Ipswich defence was run ragged by ex Southend winger Bernie Lewis .

I used to work with him when he was on the post. Had a proper temper on him as
I recall.

Forest Green Rovers away please because I know where it is and have relatives nearby that I can visit.

It was 1972/3. Southend didn't have a game that day (due to play Grimsby who were still in Cup - unlike us who lost feebly at home to Aldershot in the first round. Rare appearance from Bobby Bennett up front in that one) and I was amongst the 15,500+ crowd there that day. Ray Woolcott's goal was very much a consolation.

Lots of non-league stalwarts in the Chelmsford line up and the match was refereed by I.P. Jones from Treharris who was a reserve official for the Mexico World Cup.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pborsey/2663327833/in/set-72157611680043973

For anyone fancying a bit of nostalgia and a glimpse of players past (Lewis) and players future (Whymark) it starts at about 35 mins. Poor quality but it is over 40 years old.

http://vimeo.com/34461541

It was 1972/3. Southend didn't have a game that day (due to play Grimsby who were still in Cup - unlike us who lost feebly at home to Aldershot in the first round. Rare appearance from Bobby Bennett up front in that one) and I was amongst the 15,500+ crowd there that day. Ray Woolcott's goal was very much a consolation.

Lots of non-league stalwarts in the Chelmsford line up and the match was refereed by I.P. Jones from Treharris who was a reserve official for the Mexico World Cup.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pborsey/2663327833/in/set-72157611680043973

For anyone fancying a bit of nostalgia and a glimpse of players past (Lewis) and players future (Whymark) it starts at about 35 mins. Poor quality but it is over 40 years old.

http://vimeo.com/34461541
Also future Southend manager Peter Morris , number 11 for Chelmsford was Dilsworth , was that Eddie who played for Brentwood when we beat them 10-1 , great bit of film though .

Also future Southend manager David Webb and former Southend legend Bill Garner both playing for Chelsea in the 1st game .

Also future Southend manager Peter Morris , number 11 for Chelmsford was Dilsworth , was that Eddie who played for Brentwood when we beat them 10-1 , great bit of film though .

Yep, the same one. Also in their line up was the "charismatic" Frank Petersen who one season won the player of the year award whilst he was in prison.

Back