• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sacked manager thread

Allardyce > Martinez.

As perfect an encapsulation of the problem with international football as you're likely to see. One of the most naturally gifted squads of players in world football at the moment, and Roberto Martinez is the best applicant to manage them.

That's a tad harsh, he got them to a 7th place finish last season, just missing out on the play-off's to division 2, and took 4 points from their first 2 games this season.

Jamie Day is gone already from Braintree after just 4 months.

Filling the massive boots left by Danny Cowley was always going to be a huge task. The guy nearly got Braintree into the football league with a tiny budget.

Nine games into the new football league season and no managers have left/been sacked yet. Must be some sort of record. Maybe PB will be the first...

Nine games into the new football league season and no managers have left/been sacked yet. Must be some sort of record. Maybe PB will be the first...

That's impressive there is normally a shock quick exit early on. If PB loses the next two games then he could well be the first.

Filling the massive boots left by Danny Cowley was always going to be a huge task. The guy nearly got Braintree into the football league with a tiny budget.

It would have been a hard job for Danny Cowley if he'd stayed! A team punching that far above it's weight is always going to be subject to an exodus of players. It's a tough gig. I think stumping up the wages for Barnard was a big mistake, they should have let Chelmsford take him but they offered more and got him from under their noses. Barnard is finished as a player and I bet Chelmsford are breathing a sigh of relief as Shaun Jeffers and Shamir Mullings are doing the business. I really think Mullings will be a league footballer next season.

It would have been a hard job for Danny Cowley if he'd stayed! A team punching that far above it's weight is always going to be subject to an exodus of players. It's a tough gig. I think stumping up the wages for Barnard was a big mistake, they should have let Chelmsford take him but they offered more and got him from under their noses. Barnard is finished as a player and I bet Chelmsford are breathing a sigh of relief as Shaun Jeffers and Shamir Mullings are doing the business. I really think Mullings will be a league footballer next season.

Is that the lad who used to be with us at youth level or am I thinking of someone else.

I agree that a club that punches tends to lose all their decent players the next season. Although had Cowley have stayed I think the core nucleus would've stayed with him. Woodyard went to Lincoln with him and I wouldn't be surprised if he had offers from league two.

Is that the lad who used to be with us at youth level or am I thinking of someone else.

I agree that a club that punches tends to lose all their decent players the next season. Although had Cowley have stayed I think the core nucleus would've stayed with him. Woodyard went to Lincoln with him and I wouldn't be surprised if he had offers from league two.

Yep he did, I don't remember him here personally, but he was with us. 9 in 13 so far this season and he's a big physical presence, the amount he wins in the air makes me think he's an ideal lower league striker and I'm sure the scouts who frequent Chelmsford will spot that too.

Don't get me wrong I think Cowley had massive respect from the players and one of two may have stayed but I can't see many turning down massive wage increases elsewhere and Braintree simply can't afford to compete. Cowley knew he had taken them as far as he could and that's why he quit, he was always going to get a decent gig elsewhere

Yep he did, I don't remember him here personally, but he was with us. 9 in 13 so far this season and he's a big physical presence, the amount he wins in the air makes me think he's an ideal lower league striker and I'm sure the scouts who frequent Chelmsford will spot that too.

Has Kev Maher got anything to do with Chelmsford anymore? Was Mullings there under his tenure? If so you'd think he would be giving PB a nudge and saying he's worth a go.

Don't get me wrong I think Cowley had massive respect from the players and one of two may have stayed but I can't see many turning down massive wage increases elsewhere and Braintree simply can't afford to compete. Cowley knew he had taken them as far as he could and that's why he quit, he was always going to get a decent gig elsewhere

I was really surprised he chose to go to Lincoln. I know it's a step up as they have a bigger budget, bigger club and likely to go up but I thought he might get a league two job. I honestly though the scum were going to appoint him.

Has Kev Maher got anything to do with Chelmsford anymore? Was Mullings there under his tenure? If so you'd think he would be giving PB a nudge and saying he's worth a go.

I was really surprised he chose to go to Lincoln. I know it's a step up as they have a bigger budget, bigger club and likely to go up but I thought he might get a league two job. I honestly though the scum were going to appoint him.

It's an odd relationship between Kev and Chelmsford, he was treated badly by some at the top and was told the job was his. He still has a good relationship with others there though and attends matches regularly. It seems like he is not one to hold a grudge which is to his credit. I have heard a whisper of something happening that could see Kev managing again, can't divulge on here but happy to PM Ricey.

I was surprised at Lincoln too, I was hearing lots of rumours that he was on his way to Dagenham before it happened.

It's an odd relationship between Kev and Chelmsford, he was treated badly by some at the top and was told the job was his. He still has a good relationship with others there though and attends matches regularly. It seems like he is not one to hold a grudge which is to his credit. I have heard a whisper of something happening that could see Kev managing again, can't divulge on here but happy to PM Ricey.

I was surprised at Lincoln too, I was hearing lots of rumours that he was on his way to Dagenham before it happened.

Couldn't imagine D&R wanting to get rid of John Still, he is doing a good job so far. Probably why he went to Lincoln instead.

Couldn't imagine D&R wanting to get rid of John Still, he is doing a good job so far. Probably why he went to Lincoln instead.

Yeah I rate Still, but he couldn't keep them up last season so it wasn't that far fetched that they may have gone with a change. Like you say he is performing great this season and knows non league like the back of his hand, plucked some gems into the D&R side again this season Ollie Hawkins from Hemel, Craig Robson from Bognor and I think Assombalonga will come good when he gets some games too.

Are BT still part time?,heard Barny is on £1500 pw,crimes if true that is mental.

Devo was brilliant there season after season but had to admit he couldn't take them further,Cowley I feel will go far and he bailed double quick.

Is the owner/chairman still going on about the new stadium?

Are BT still part time?,heard Barny is on £1500 pw,crimes if true that is mental.

Devo was brilliant there season after season but had to admit he couldn't take them further,Cowley I feel will go far and he bailed double quick.

Is the owner/chairman still going on about the new stadium?

Chelmsford? They haven't even got a site yet, long way off

Back