• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sacked manager thread

Agreed and ditto Kit Symons.

There can't be many managers who win 4-1 away and get sacked 7 days later!

Fair play to Ron,he certainly gives his managers time,3 gaffers in 13 years,not many clubs can match that.

Gary Bowyer has been sacked by Blackburn Rovers.
and it appears, he has taken most of his senior coaching staff with him. (Assistant Manager, 1st Team Coach & Goalkeeping coach).

Im a bit surprised with this considering their recent five results really arent that bad in my books and added to that their up coming fixtures:

Results:

1-1 V Brentford (above them)
0-0 V Birmingham (above them - play-offs)
2-0 win away V Leeds (above them)
1-0 loss V Burnley (above them - play offs)
0-0 V Derby (above them - play offs)

Fixtures:

Preston (below them)
Sheff Wed (above them)
Bristol City (below them)
Rotherham (bottom of the league)
N. Forest (below them)

If he did'nt produce results from the next 5 games, fair enough. But felt it was a bit early.

Oooh well, every cloud has a silver lining etc, it means Phil has jumped up another place in the longest serving manager table.

Last edited:
Not sacked, but Dean Smith moves from Walsall to Brentford. Wonder how they'll fare without him after a great start, and whether he'll take Bradshaw with him in January.

Dean Saunders looks like he's got the Chesterfield job, much to the bemusement of a mate of mine who played under him at Wrexham. Used to spend time picking on players throwing around statistics, and then argue with ProZone data when it contradicted what he was coming out with. "An absolute joke," he's labelled Saunders. Might be worth a shrewd punt to be in trouble next season...

He's done well to last six months to be fair to him.

Not sacked, but Dean Smith moves from Walsall to Brentford. Wonder how they'll fare without him after a great start, and whether he'll take Bradshaw with him in January.

Blimey, im surprised at that, considering their healthy league position, his been there for nearly 5 years and only just re-newed his contract at Walsall 6 weeks ago.

Blimey, im surprised at that, considering their healthy league position, his been there for nearly 5 years and only just re-newed his contract at Walsall 6 weeks ago.

Brentford are a very solid Championship side with aspirations for better, so I can see why he's done it. No disrespect to Walsall, but definitely a step up.

Brentford are a very solid Championship side with aspirations for better, so I can see why he's done it. No disrespect to Walsall, but definitely a step up.

can't argue with that. Good to see someone doing a good job being rewarded with the chance to step up and that a club with money and ambition have gone British this time

Garry Monk (Swansea) just been sacked

Shame, I liked him and he had a decent start but football is brutal these days and it only takes a couple of bad months and you're out the door. How Mourinho is still in a job is beyond me as I thought Abramovich was more cut throat than that!

Back