• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sacked manager thread

I had two central thoughts on Sam regarding this;
1. well done him wanting to enjoy some retirement/family time, which is great
2, is he very unwell and not getting better, which is sad

My first thoughts were, more revelations to come out of the wood work
Think he would have done a good job as England manager, we will never know

UTS

Harry Monk has resigned as Weeds manager, despite taking them up to 7th in the Championship.

Marco Silva resigns from Hull, making it the 56th casualty of the season.

Just now waiting on the first person to start the usual "Phil Brown to Hull" Thread. :smile:

Marco Silva resigns from Hull, making it the 56th casualty of the season.

Just now waiting on the first person to start the usual "Phil Brown to Hull" Thread. :smile:

Not even in the running for the Hull job according to Sky Bet odds. Although they have him down as 22/1 to be the next Sunderland manager.

Graham Barrows has been shown the door at Wigan after just 77 days (Pompey boss Paul Cook is tipped to take over the role).

Also Paul Lambert has left Wolves after 7 months, bringing the number up to #58 so far.

Beaten FA Cup finalists and 8th in the Premiership out of 20 teams. Pretty **** record and absolutely deserves the sack.

League Cup actually and tbh they finished 8th in a **** poor premier league losing more games than they won, not saying he should have been sacked but apparently they wanted Dortmunds (I think off the top of my head) manager who has just become available.

League Cup actually and tbh they finished 8th in a **** poor premier league losing more games than they won, not saying he should have been sacked but apparently they wanted Dortmunds (I think off the top of my head) manager who has just become available.

I've corrected the factual bit Brettie. I still think it was a harsh decision.

Michael Appleton has left Oxford Utd after nearly 3 years in charge, to team up with his old pal Craig Shakespeare at Leicester City as his Assistant Manager.

I would imagine he would be a big loss to the club (from a fans perspective, especially at this late stage of pre-season).

Appleton guided them to a League Two automatic promotion, 2 trips to Wembley finals and just finishing outside the play offs for the Championship along the way (just a place behind us btw).

Anyway, good luck to him, but I cant help but hope this is a positive thing, from a Southend Utd perspective, "every little helps", hopefully they are a club in chaos and wont out bid Ron for some of our signings, not to mention they could be one less threat that we need to worry about next season.

Simon Grayson leaves Preston to become the new manager of Sunderland.

Which means Phil Brown has now entered the "top 10" list of current longest serving managers within the 92 league teams.

Simon Grayson leaves Preston to become the new manager of Sunderland.

Which means Phil Brown has now entered the "top 10" list of current longest serving managers within the 92 league teams.

Looking at that list the only one likely to move on would be Ipswich sacking McCarthy. The others are pretty solid and settled and I'd be surprised if they left before Brown did.

Yeah I think your right there, Although McCarthy is (was) a bit of a fans favourite at Ispwich, even he's popularity was fading fast when he only got 4 wins out of the last 20 league games of the season (21 games if you count their FA Cup exit to Lincoln). If he continues with a poor start to the upcoming season, I can see him being shown the door by October.

The only other person on that list that might leave could be Jim Bentley, I'm guessing this, only on the basis that I recall reading a couple of months ago on the BBC that he was considering he's future at Morecombe due to their financial difficulties.

Kevin Nicholson at Torquay the first to go (if we're not limiting it to the 92). Saved them from relegation twice in two seasons and now been sacked after three games.

Good shout Manor, I missed that. Talking about the 92 though,

I reckon Justin Edinburgh will be the first one out the door. (Brought in a load of players early in the transfer market.. not sure at what cost?.. Also just signed a Huddersfield Town goalkeeper earlier today)...I'm thinking panic stations.

Northampton currently sitting in the relegation zone with zero points (yes its only a few games) but more importantly he has only on 6 wins of his 22 matches in charge, and they have to face Charlton away on Saturday, followed by local rivals Peterborough (currently sitting 2nd), then Cambridge in the Cup on Tuesday, then Wigan the following Saturday.... After that he has decent teams, like the Donnies, Pompey & the mighty Shrimpers. If he doesnt pick up many points from that he is more bullet proof than Phil! LOL.

Back