• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Blues: Bentley, White, Thompson, Prosser, Binnom-Williams, Leonard, Deegan, Timlin, Atkinson, Weston, Corr

Blues subs: Barnard, Hurst, Bolger, Clifford, Coulthirst, Payne & P Smith

FFS, Barney on the bench and Weston back in. What is PB playing at, this is going to be a physical game and Barney would get stuck in far more than Weston.

FFS, Barney on the bench and Weston back in. What is PB playing at, this is going to be a physical game and Barney would get stuck in far more than Weston.

If he plays Weston wide then no issue with this but if he plays him up top again then someone needs to pay him a visit and encourage him to apply for Birmingham job. I'm sick to death of southend throwing away chance to get out this league. This squad is definitely good enough to go up and yet he can't find the key to unlocking the door. If he seriously thinks he is good enough to manage in a higher league then he better pull his chuffing finger out and deliver a result this season. :angry:

If he plays Weston wide then no issue with this but if he plays him up top again then someone needs to pay him a visit and encourage him to apply for Birmingham job. I'm sick to death of southend throwing away chance to get out this league. This squad is definitely good enough to go up and yet he can't find the key to unlocking the door. If he seriously thinks he is good enough to manage in a higher league then he better pull his chuffing finger out and deliver a result this season. :angry:
It looks to me like Weston and Atkinson wide and Corr upfront. With Leonard, Deegan and Timlin 3 midfield (I like that midfield)

How can Barnard find some decent form if he's dropped after one game ?
Missed a sitter on Sat , but played well IMO.
Wrong message Mr B

How can Barnard find some decent form if he's dropped after one game ?
Missed a sitter on Sat , but played well IMO.
Wrong message Mr B

Two games in three days may be on his mind. Otherwise I would completely agree. It's clear Brown is none the wiser how to score goals in league two, which is pretty worrying. If he hasn't found the key by Christmas then Ron needs to look at squad and start thinking whether someone else might be able to deliver promotion.

To me it is just blatantly obvious that PB just doesn't know what his best team is and just keeps making changes in the hope that things click at some point.

Barnard should have certainly started again or how is he ever going to have the opportunity to regain any form (not sure he will but only way to find out is by playing him).

What has Weston done to deserve a recall, has been out of form since 3 or 4 games into the season, sulked like a baby when subbed against Morecambe and did nothing to earn a recall when coming on a substitute against Exeter.

Payne left out again, who's money is on a second half appearance and another admittance that Pb got it wrong leaving him out..

Saying all that let's hope we smash them and PB know's best :winking:

To me it is just blatantly obvious that PB just doesn't know what his best team is and just keeps making changes in the hope that things click at some point.

Barnard should have certainly started again or how is he ever going to have the opportunity to regain any form (not sure he will but only way to find out is by playing him).

What has Weston done to deserve a recall, has been out of form since 3 or 4 games into the season, sulked like a baby when subbed against Morecambe and did nothing to earn a recall when coming on a substitute against Exeter.

Payne left out again, who's money is on a second half appearance and another admittance that Pb got it wrong leaving him out..

I agree with this decision. It's a cold, windy night against a big strong team - doesn't seem like a night for Payne.

i hope we are proved wrong but I can't see where the goals are in that line up. I will gladly come back on here to apologise to Brown after the game if I'm wrong but already have the Tuesday gloom in my heart. And I'm one of the positive ones. Honest. The tinkerings at the minute are the work of someone panicking big time

Weston is coming in for Worrall more likely. Corr is in for Barnard.

Not that Im a fan of Weston and despite that miss Barnard did play well on Saturday.

I agree with this decision. It's a cold, windy night against a big strong team - doesn't seem like a night for Payne.

No and if you look at the pre-match thread most people left him out of their teams. I thought playing the same team might have been a good idea, but the weather and the physical nature of the opposition means it will be a totally different game, and despite Paynes great start in his first few games hasnt really produced anything since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back