• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown has to go, now! Do we want to get out of this league? We've got absolutely no chance with him in charge. Bring back luggy.

Why? Luggy failed to get us out this league too. Tilsons record smashes his one for us.

We had supporters wanting Tilson out, then Sturrock and now Brown

Knee jerk reaction as allways, it's not the end of the world being out of the play offs at the moment, perhaps it takes the pressure off the players especially as the home game against Bury willnot be easy at any time

What most angry supporters forget when taking time out is we are a low division club, with no money to spend and lets be honest how many decent experienced players will come down to Southend to play with pride rather than a last farewell pay cheque
You have to be careful who you want out, I'm not saying PB will turn things around over night, but I believe we are lucky to have him at the helm rather than an inexperienced manager, I'm sure stats will back up those who want Brown out that a new manager will get a decent run going ,but that will be law of averages that you will win sooner rather than later.

Im happy in the position we are ,no one wins the league at end of October and I'm happy being a stalking horse at this stage, perhaps Christmas time is a good time to look at the table rather after a few games without a win

UTS

I don't think its the league position that people are worried about but the performances!

Unless we score in the opening 90 seconds on Saturday, it will be a single goal in 450 mins (5games worth) of matches.. That's the worrying thing

also brown doesn't even know his best starting 11! Poor Conor Clifford is stuck on the bench and has been fantastic this season!

things Deffo need to change and fast

We went 13 (I think) last season without a win and Brown stayed at the helm. You think Ron is sharpening the knife after 4? There's a long way to go yet and PB has time to sort it out.

So far in the 18 months he has been here, I dont think there has been any improvement from Luggy's reign at all to be honest. Some would argue we have gone backwards...

I think Brown has tried to introduce a more "pleasing on the eye" style of football compared to Luggy, but for me it is not as effective as Luggy's more "route 1" style.

But, Brown deserves until at least January I think, possibly the end of the season.

If he hasn't taken us up, then I agree, next.....

Knee jerk reaction as allways, it's not the end of the world being out of the play offs at te moment, perhaps it takes the pressure off the players especially as the home game against Bury willnot be easy at any time

What most angry supporters forget when taking time out is we are a low division club, with no money to spend and lets be honest how many decent experienced players will come down to Southend to play with pride rather than a last farewell pay cheque
You have to be careful who you want out, I'm not saying PB will turn things around over night, but I believe we are lucky to have him at the helm rather than an inexperienced manager, I'm sure stats will back up those who want Brown out that a new manager will get a decent run going ,but that will be law of averages that you will win sooner rather than later.

Im happy in the position we are ,no one wins the league at end of October and I'm happy being a stalking horse at this stage, perhaps Christmas time is a good time to look at the table rather after a few games without a win

UTS
If we carry on broadly the sane as now, but score literally a couple more goals that gets us In to the playoffs can you actually see us winning them?

So far in the 18 months he has been here, I dont think there has been any improvement from Luggy's reign at all to be honest. Some would argue we have gone backwards...

I think Brown has tried to introduce a more "pleasing on the eye" style of football compared to Luggy, but for me it is not as effective as Luggy's more "route 1" style.

But, Brown deserves until at least January I think, possibly the end of the season.

Agreed although unless we improve very soon January will be long enough for me.

Creativity and goals are certainly a re-occurring problem and there seems to be no signs of it being righted.

I know Luggy wasn't everybodys cup of tea, but we certainly knew how to score with him in charge. I think we averaged close on 70 goals a season.

At the moment under Brown we dont look like getting anywhere near that. In fact this season if the current dry spell continues, we will be looking at < 45 goals which equals relegation dog fight. I am sure it wont come to that, but as it stands that is a real possibility if things do not change.

Thank god our defence is fairly solid, or we would be in real trouble.

Knee jerk reaction as allways, it's not the end of the world being out of the play offs at the moment, perhaps it takes the pressure off the players especially as the home game against Bury willnot be easy at any time

UTS

We may have no money but from what I have been told is that we have a wage budget to allow us to compete

Pretty much agree with all of that, he should be given till Xmas at least

I think one of the main differences between Luggy and Phil Brown is that Luggy relied on goals from defenders. We had center backs that would get goals from corners and free kicks. Luggy spent much more time on corners at training. He demanded that the players on the attacking side at corners give it 100% and try and get their head to the ball. Phil Brown is more for defending at corners, and not much time is spent on them.
I hope this helps to explain why we are now the worst at corners since I have been watching Southend. We had a lot last night and never looked like scoring from one. We've had a lot all season and hardly looked like scoring.

I know Luggy wasn't everybodys cup of tea, but we certainly knew how to score with him in charge. I think we averaged close on 70 goals a season.

At the moment under Brown we dont look like getting anywhere near that. In fact this season if the current dry spell continues, we will be looking at < 45 goals which equals relegation dog fight. I am sure it wont come to that, but as it stands that is a real possibility if things do not change.

Thank god our defence is fairly solid, or we would be in real trouble.

And that's been the problem for me this season there has not been a gower-esq player or a mohsni somebody who can win you a game or turn a game on it's head

We went 13 (I think) last season without a win and Brown stayed at the helm. You think Ron is sharpening the knife after 4? There's a long way to go yet and PB has time to sort it out.

And we still got into the playoffs and weren't far off the automatics.

Brown (and Ron) know that we're struggling to score and so they'll be looking to fix that. Let's not get a knee-jerky just because we're going through a rough patch - painful as it is.

Back