• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United manager Phil Brown: Defeat at Newport County was unforgivable

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown has labelled his side’s 1-0 defeat Newport County last night as ‘unforgivable’.

More...

Blues wasted a succession of clear cut chances, with Myles Weston also failing to convert a penalty before Mark Byrne bagged the only goal of the game for the hosts.

Did we ?

Thats not what came across on the radio.

Said we played well and were the better side but lacking in the last 3rd.

I guess with both Managers hacked off and both teams getting it in the neck , we should see two very committed sides on Saturday at the very least !

We missed one chance before missing the penalty. That was all we created all night.

We missed one chance before missing the penalty. That was all we created all night.

Didnt Corr have one cleared off the line, White had a good shot saved a volley i think and then Timlin also had one cleared after a goal mouth scramble. So there is at least three decent chances before the penalty.

Why does he always insist on stating the obvious in his interviews and telling us all what we already know and have seen for ourselves?

All I want is to read about is how he's identified these problems and what he's going to do to resolve them. Would fill me with so much more confidence if he was to just say... "Our finishing has been poor all season, but I've been speaking to <insert half decent player he knew from Hull here> and I'm hoping to get him in training this week to do some one on one coaching with the strikers".

Otherwise it just seems like he's out of ideas and next game we'll just go again in the same fashion and fingers crossed we'll take one of our "4 or 5 chances that are absolute sitters". It's encouraging that he's identifying the issues and not making light of them, but as fans we need some reassurance at the moment that he's being proactive and sorting this out, but you never seem to get that from him.

Oh really Mr brown the fans have been saying that for weeks now .Other clubs want one too he says and other clubs got there,s during the summer .What did we get .Oh yes Miles Weston a Gillingham cast off bags of pace with no end product . We also brought in Dave Worall played his first game sataday scored our goal looked good on crosses .Was he out there last night NO Yes mr brown we need a proven goal scorer so either get your scots finger out and find us one. Or P*ss off and stop wasting the fans time and money Watching football with no end product .

Why does he always insist on stating the obvious in his interviews and telling us all what we already know and have seen for ourselves?

I too hope that Phil Brown's next post-match interview will be

According as circumstances are favorable, one should modify one's plans.

All warfare is based on deception.

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

These military devices, leading to victory, must not be divulged beforehand.

or
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love

this might be better for the zone at the moment

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

A good traveller has no fixed plans
and is not intent upon arriving.
A good artist lets his intuition
lead him wherever it wants.
A good scientist has freed himself of concepts
and keeps his mind open to what is.
Thus the Master is available to all people
and doesn't reject anyone.
He is ready to use all situations
and doesn't waste anything.
This is called embodying the light.

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.

Back