• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐
Should be a tough game but really need to bounce back now. Haven't a clue what sort of team we'll put out.

Interesting one. Bury lost 5-0 away their last game. That could be very encouraging to us or very dangerous. I'm going for dangerous - 'wounded animal' as Brown would say.

I'm giving this game a miss, first home game I've missed in the league, just play the team around jack Payne :thumbsup:

If Bury score, then the best we can hope for is a 1 1 draw, so I will go with that, and that's looking on the bright side.

I think it is time to give a chance to one of our young strikers like Williams, Layne or Brown. Ideally, one of them playing up front with Corr.

Team selection all depends on the weather forecast. We have a dry team we can play and a wet team. :winking:

why play one of them with CORR ,didnt most on here think Barnard was just about man of the match last week, please someone explain to me this infatuation ,love affair ,call it what you may with CORR.Some people here act like he is Lionel Messi and gods gift to SUFC instead of just an average 4th division player.

Came home last March and was at Roots Hall for the 0-0 tie. Was one of the worst games I've ever seen us play. Bury were near the bottom then. What's turned them around ?

Ok , hyperthetical question time.

Scenario 1 is a thrilling 4-4 draw with Barnard and Corr netting 2 each.
Scenario 2 is a very lucky 1-0 win from an own goal in which we have no shots on target from our own players.

Which is the best in the long run ?

Brown is too stubborn for that to ever happen

Phil
No the exact opposite, he changes the team too much PB needs to realise his best team and stick to it.
That does not just involve young players coming up through the system, but tried and tested players at this level

I would go with the below team, but give it a few games.
Bolger and Barnard need games. The below team has goals in it!!
and young Jack and a couple of the other's are better from the bench,

Bentley
White Bolger Prosser Williams
Hurst Leonard Degnan Worrall
Barnard Corr

Subs Smith P Thompson Atkinson Timlin Payne Weston Colthurst

Back