• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury have just signed highly rated Everton striker Courtney Duffus on loan.
Flitcroft told the Bury website: "Courtney is a player we have watched for a while now.

"We get out to a lot of games and he caught the eye a few weeks ago.

"We tracked him again last week against a good Wigan Athletic side where he scored a very good goal.

"He has pace, power and wants to run in from behind and hurt other sides.

"Everton were very happy with the way we looked after Hallam Hope last season and were more than happy for Courtney to come here on loan to learn.

He is available against Southend if picked. Not that they need a player like that as much as we do, they've scored 23 goals already this season in the league.

Wonder if our manager gets out to a lot of games to watch potential loan strikers. Or is he a bit busy with all the tele stuff.

Crowd-wise.... I'm going for 5,090...team wise...surely we've got to start scoring goals soon???
I follow an earlier post with Sidibe on the bench please

Losing confidence in Brown big time. Not sure he has the dressing room now

Based on what exactly?

Seem to recall this post you made over a month ago:

There is more than one problem. Not scoring goals is the tip of the iceberg IMHO. The second half today was probably the worst half I have seen in a long long time. Players don't go from passing the ball around to looking like first time footballers without an underlying problem. I think he is losing the changing room

After that comment, 4 wins later Brown won Manager of the Month and firing us up to joint 3rd. Sure sounds like he lost the changing room.

Also, losing confidence? When did you gain confidence in him in the first place?

4 games in and I have no confidence in Brown whatsoever.

Based on what exactly?

Seem to recall this post you made over a month ago:

After that comment, 4 wins later Brown won Manager of the Month and firing us up to joint 3rd. Sure sounds like he lost the changing room.

Also, losing confidence? When did you gain confidence in him in the first place?

Just when you think Brown may pull something out of the hat he lets us down again. There seems to be no cohesion, constantly changing the line up without using the likes of Layne, Williams and Brown. The players we have aren't winning games, if Layne, Brown and Williams aren't good enough, get someone in. Barney had a good game last Saturday yet dropped on Tuesday, no idea what's going through Browns mind. Weston isn't performing, finally gets dropped then back in next game.

So often we play well first half, then come out a different team and fall apart.

Yes we won 4 on the spin but none were convincing and we were shaky for all those wins

Just when you think Brown may pull something out of the hat he lets us down again. There seems to be no cohesion, constantly changing the line up without using the likes of Layne, Williams and Brown. The players we have aren't winning games, if Layne, Brown and Williams aren't good enough, get someone in. Barney had a good game last Saturday yet dropped on Tuesday, no idea what's going through Browns mind. Weston isn't performing, finally gets dropped then back in next game.

So often we play well first half, then come out a different team and fall apart.

Yes we won 4 on the spin but none were convincing and we were shaky for all those wins

Constantly changing the line up, yet you were one who was saying he never changes his team. Then you go onto say the players aren't winning games so bring someone in - which involves changing the line up.

Barnard was dropped, but Brown explained it. Weston was dropped, put back in and had a good game by account of those who went.

What is this fixation with Layne, Williams and Brown? What have they ever done to justify being demanded to be thrown in at the deep end?

How many times have we fallen apart in the 2nd half? There is a difference between falling apart and just simply not being as good in the first half. Against Exeter we were the latter. Although what some said, against Oxford we did fall apart.

Our striker are out of thier depth already. If you don't throw the youngsters in, you won't ever know

True, but if they are thrown in too early and not up to first team football then that could set them back a long way.

Brown getting stick is a nonsense for me at the minute. I'm not happy with the constant changes of systems as it smacks of PB trying something different more in hope than in some tactical ploy. I still am glad PB's our manager and I am still of the opinion we are fortunate to have him. Now, that may change in the future, but for now he's the best man for the job IMO.

I don't think he has been helped by the dip in form from last season to this from senior players. All of Hurst, Lenny, White, Barney & Corr haven't performed. No one could have predicted this and with Weston & Shaq blowing hot & cold since joining its hardly surprising that we are inconsistent.

The one shining light this season has been Payne. His bravery on the ball to make this happen has put some of the above to shame. Other players in the squad need to step up starting tomorrow and follow his lead. We look a team who are waiting for someone else to make things happen and that needs to change starting tomorrow.

I think Payne has to play tomorrow and he will benefit the team best in an advanced position from the centre in a 433. I'd go with Lenny and Timlin behind him and drop Deegan. I like Deegan but think Lenny & Timlin offer more on the ball and that will be key tomorrow.

Bentley, White, Thompson, Prosser, JBW, Lenny, Timlin, Payne, Worrall, Corr, Weston.
Subs:
Smith, Bolger, Deegan, Clifford, Hurst, Coulthirst, Barnard.

Funny how certain posters just disappear off the zone when we win a few on the bounce then as soon we lose a couple they are back with a vengeance declaring PB is clueless.

PB is experienced enough to know how to get goals out of a side, he did it when Hull got promoted, the bigger question is this, is he capable of guiding a mediocre group of lower league players to promotion ? I don't subscribe to this view I keep seeing posted that we have a strong squad that should walk this league.

We only have two recognised strikers in Corr and Barnard so yes it would make sense to play them both but there must be a reason PB keeps resisting this.

Bentley, White, Thompson, Prosser, JBW, Lenny, Timlin, Payne, Worrall, Corr, Weston.
Subs:
Smith, Bolger, Deegan, Clifford, Hurst, Coulthirst, Barnard.

Why Weston? I cannot believe that anyone can want him to start as things stand!

Bentley
white prosser williams
worrall lenny deegan timlin weston
barnard coulthirst

Bentley

White Prosser Bolger Williams

Worrall Deegan Leonard timlin

Corr Barnard.

i almost agree with that selection but would keep Thompson in over Bolger.
it would also need Williams to push on in order to give us some natural width on the left

Have I missed something but why no Atkinson in any of the recent posts with suggested line-ups? Is he injured? If not then PB will surely have him in the squad and possibly start him.

Have I missed something but why no Atkinson in any of the recent posts with suggested line-ups? Is he injured? If not then PB will surely have him in the squad and possibly start him.

Yeah you're probably right.
i think he's one of those players people just tend to forget although he does a good job

I don't understand why Payne is not the first name on the sheet? He was almost league 2 player of the month for Sept and the inspiration for our rise up the table and indeed for Brown receiving manager for that month. He has goals in him and in a team lacking goal threat it seems crazy, to me, to bench him?

The sad fact is that areas where we previously have done well, scoring from set pieces and having goal scorers across the team in all positions has for now deserted us. Whilst having their own individual strengths the Corr/Barnard partnership doesn't do it for me. Also whilst i think Deegan has added some defensive steel to the midfield, I think this is better employed away from RH rather than for home games where we need to be more attacking.

Can't see us scoring more than one goal, so I'm going for 1-0 (penalty!).

Bentley

White Thomson Prosser

Lenny Clifford Deegan Timms Worrall

Payne & Barney

Never happen but would like to see it, Deegan and Timms holding the middle with Lenny, Clifford, Worrall playing killer balls to feet up to Jack & Barney!

That aside, am hoping PB will not just go for one up front, think this may be the day our strikers find the net
:happy:
So I'm going for 4-1 or 4-0 win with Jack & Barney on the score sheet.

With the lack of goals, arial ability and presence up top, we must start with Barney and Corr. He has tried practically every other combination which hasn't worked so why not this. Go back to a 4-4-2 with Worrell and Atkinson out wide, Lenny and Timlin in the middle and a back four of white, Thomson, Prosser and Williams. Going to be tough, despite the 5-0 defeat Bury are free scoring normally and for that reason I can't see us winning. If we might need to score 2 or 3 to win, current form suggests we won't, but at least try something different and at least Corr and Barnard will give us height and heading ability. Got a feeling patience is running thin now with PB, and although not right feel the crowd will turn against him if things go wrong. If he plays either coulthirst or Weston I may well just turn round and go home. Neither deserve their place or contribute to the team at the moment.

Back