• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wasn't there but from what I read he was quite good against Newport, aside from the pen. Think we need pace on one of the flanks if not him then shaq

Worrall offers plenty of pace, and more threat than either of these two in my opinion.

I'm not confident at all about today or any of our matches at the moment. Weston has pace but off form, Barnard has known skills but off form, Coulthirst tries hard but can't finish, Corr has height but suffers with injuries and I think his good days are over. Midfielders off target.

We keep trying to play football but it seems as though the team don't expect anyone to score at the moment. We've heard so much about being patient and the goals will come but I can't see it happening until some fresh new blood comes in to give the team a lift. A Bury win for me today.

Bentley

White Bolger Prosser Williams

Worrall/Hurst Leonard Atkinson Timlim

Corr Barnard

Harsh on Deegan, but he's not the most attacking and we've still conceded recently despite his defensive efforts, so maybe not as vital of a cog as we think? Atkinson's skill and cross for Worrall's goal was sublime the other week and Timlim was always best for me on the left. If Worrall doesn't look all that, I'd get Hurst on (maybe even start him). Can't help but feel the sooner we give him an extended run in the side to play his way out of bad form the better. Hurst firing on all cylinders is that match winner we've been desperately searching for who pops up and does something special.

Today has a feeling of typical Southend. Play like donkeys for four games and then grab a good cheeky win against the odds to turn our fortunes around. Come on you blues!

Well I was at Newport and I didn't think Weston played ok.

today we will see a northern team arrive with destructive intent hoping to snatch a goal -

should they get a goal they will time waste and act the clown

should they get to half time at 0-0 they will time waste and act the clown

Corr and Barnard have had there chances upfront, Shaq and Weston look better as Wingers and not forwards. Surely its time to give a chance to Layne or Ellis or even both.

As Bury have so many good strikers and have scored 23 goals already this season in the league, then I can't see them not scoring against the out of form Thompson and the 80% fit Prosser. That means we have to score 2 or more to win. Hhmm.
Our only hope to stop them scoring is replace one of them with Bolger. Costing 25 Grand, there is a good defender in there somewhere, and he should be more settled down south now.

As Bury have so many good strikers and have scored 23 goals already this season in the league, then I can't see them not scoring against the out of form Thompson and the 80% fit Prosser. That means we have to score 2 or more to win. Hhmm.
Our only hope to stop them scoring is replace one of them with Bolger. Costing 25 Grand, there is a good defender in there somewhere, and he should be more settled down south now.

Agree. Still think he'll come good and he won't do that from the bench.

Yep - I think Bolger will be a key player for us this season but I must admit to being baffled by his performances to date - I can't remember it ever being so hard to get a settled back four.

Courtney Duffus a young striker from Everton has signed on loan for Bury and I expect he will be in as both Nardiello and Platt are both out injured.

This game has 1-1 written all over it.

Well I was at Newport and I didn't think Weston played ok.

I also dont get this Weston played well at Newport, as i also did not think he had a good game.
Plenty of energy but no end product, and very inconsistant.
It appears we have Anthony Straker back most of the time

Bury have won twice away this season, but those were against weak Carlisle and Hartlepool sides. Bury lost 5-0 on their last away fixture.

So we all know what's gonna happen....................

Back