• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Normally I enjoy the thought of a tie against some tin pot non-league side. This season however I am dreading it.

If we start with the attitude that our opponents are 'tin pot' then I too will fear an early exit.

Any team that has made it through the qualifying rounds has done well and should be proud of themselves. :thumbsup:

East Thurrock at home will be good for them and us.

* By the way, is there a West Thurrock?

Concord/East Thurrock/Bromley/Dartford away please.

We'll probably get Morecambe away.

Concord/East Thurrock/Bromley/Dartford away please.

We'll probably get Morecambe away.

The first one and, to a lesser extent, the second could lead to ticket difficulties.

Worst non-league away draw ? Possibly Maidstone United. Although near, their ground is barely big enough for their fan base, let alone any visitors and they play on a 3G pitch (being allowed this year) which would give them a huge advantage, having only lost once on it in over thirty league matches since they got into the Ryman Premier.

Stuff the F.A Cup, won't be getting my money!

Crass comment about the World's best and most historic club knock-out competition competed for by 736 clubs.

Happily, the competition will probably get by without your money.

The first one and, to a lesser extent, the second could lead to ticket difficulties.

Worst non-league away draw ? Possibly Maidstone United. Although near, their ground is barely big enough for their fan base, let alone any visitors and they play on a 3G pitch (being allowed this year) which would give them a huge advantage, having only lost once on it in over thirty league matches since they got into the Ryman Premier.
**** that one off hen eh:'(

Stuff the F.A Cup, won't be getting my money![/QUOTE

That's fine as it is everyone's prerogative wether to attend although personally I am looking forward to it but am mindful that it will probably disappoint. Just do not come on here moaning about individual or the team performance or if we do ultimately get a big tie in latter rounds the ticket selling arrangement's as you may well decide you want to buy a ticket then !.

Is the cup this round still seeded to keep North and South teams apart?
I think they have been up to this round.

Is the cup this round still seeded to keep North and South teams apart?
I think they have been up to this round.

Nope the first round is not regional. Over the last four seasons our 1st round opponents have been Morecambe, Stockport, Preston, Macclesfield.

What we don't need at the moment is a tie against a non-league side. In our run of form it will just be a bigger banana skin than usual. Usually I'd like a home draw or an away trip to a ground in the south that I haven't visited but on this occasion I'd take an away draw at a L1 club where we are not expected to win and therefore will have no pressure. Sheffield Utd for instance.

Will take anyone at home or anyone away in the south east. Away game, I would prefer Concord or Chelmsford, but would settle for someone like Gillingham or Daggers.

Don't really mind if we get knocked out.

Will take anyone at home or anyone away in the south east. Away game, I would prefer Concord or Chelmsford, but would settle for someone like Gillingham or Daggers.

Don't really mind if we get knocked out.

Bit defeatest Lomas. I'd like for us to go as far as possible, a juicy 3rd/4th/5th round draw on telly that'll bring in the £££s.

Purely because they are less than an hour from me, Eastleigh or Basingstoke away!

I have a bit of a connection with Eastleigh & a guy I know is good mates with their skipper - (who was part of the Havant/Waterlooville team that played at Anfield a few years back )- Sadly Jamie did his hamstring in their win at Kiddy on Saturday so probably won't play in the 1st round - Eastleigh have got substantial financial backing and are potentials for the League - maybe not this year but certainly soon after.

Back