• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well obviously. My point was that Brown doesn't know what he is doing and a neutral fan picked up on this after one game. No idea why you highlighted it and picked up on it

Because if it was an instruction that he gave them he had a plan he wanted followed. People keep bashing him for not trying new things, when he does he gets told he doesnt know what he is doing.

Bloke cant win. (Literally)

Interestng on Sky tonight when Gary Neville was analysing Chelsea's possession in the 2 games v both Manchester sides. The top and highly complex stats showed that after going 1-0 up in both games, there was a shift in the players mental attitude and they naturally dropped a bit deeper. He made the point that this couldn't be a directive from the manager, it was the players themselves switching off. Maybe it isn't Brown's choice; maybe the players just think it's something they should do to preserve the lead. It's all well and good us sitting here casting judgement and opinion, we aren't the ones involved and the players want their win bonuses as well as Brown wanting a job. They won't be doing it on purpose!

Interestng on Sky tonight when Gary Neville was analysing Chelsea's possession in the 2 games v both Manchester sides. The top and highly complex stats showed that after going 1-0 up in both games, there was a shift in the players mental attitude and they naturally dropped a bit deeper. He made the point that this couldn't be a directive from the manager, it was the players themselves switching off. Maybe it isn't Brown's choice; maybe the players just think it's something they should do to preserve the lead. It's all well and good us sitting here casting judgement and opinion, we aren't the ones involved and the players want their win bonuses as well as Brown wanting a job. They won't be doing it on purpose!

Do you really think that the players change to a defensive formation on a substitution by themselves?

There's also the fact that a team comes to Roots Hall and sits back to nick something, we score so they then have no option to attack more which pushes us back.

It doesnt have to be a tactical decision made by us that makes us "sit back" but one made by the opponents who also have some say in what happens on the pitch.

Changing formation is obviously something Brown decides on, but other games its often a result of the opposition just having to attack more.

There's also the fact that a team comes to Roots Hall and sits back to nick something, we score so they then have no option to attack more which pushes us back.

It doesnt have to be a tactical decision made by us that makes us "sit back" but one made by the opponents who also have some say in what happens on the pitch.

Changing formation is obviously something Brown decides on, but other games its often a result of the opposition just having to attack more.

This is true but then exposes the other team at the back and if we were attacking rather than defending deeper, we would possibly score again putting the game out of reach of the opposition. Best form of defence is attack

First chance I've had to come on here since the game. Urgh. Very disappointing. Really couldn't have begrudged Bury the three points had they nicked it as they were by far the more inventive of the two sides. I thought we looked fairly devoid of ideas.

I was glad to see two strikers and couldn't fault either of them for their workrate. It was the first time I'd seen Barnard this season and I certainly couldn't knock his workrate. I think we need to stick with two up top. Whether it is these two or one + Shaq (my preference) we need to give the strikers the best chance to score and you do that by playing two of them and letting them build an understanding.

I'm sure it has been spoken about at length but that was the worst penalty decision I can ever remember seeing. I've never heard three sides of a ground and 11 players round on a referee like that and that said it all.

First chance I've had to come on here since the game. Urgh. Very disappointing. Really couldn't have begrudged Bury the three points had they nicked it as they were by far the more inventive of the two sides. I thought we looked fairly devoid of ideas.

I was glad to see two strikers and couldn't fault either of them for their workrate. It was the first time I'd seen Barnard this season and I certainly couldn't knock his workrate. I think we need to stick with two up top. Whether it is these two or one + Shaq (my preference) we need to give the strikers the best chance to score and you do that by playing two of them and letting them build an understanding.

I'm sure it has been spoken about at length but that was the worst penalty decision I can ever remember seeing. I've never heard three sides of a ground and 11 players round on a referee like that and that said it all.

The guy who committed the 'foul' said something along the lines of "If I had been the attacking player , then I would have been disappointed it wasn't given" !

Back