• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
Seems reading the threads for a while on here White is not a good captain let alone a good RB,maybe if this was the case who in the SUFC squad would make a good captain,If this was the case who in the SUFC squad would make a good leader,Leonard is the first to come to mind as he seemed to do a good job last season as stand in captain when White was out injured,also i believe Clifford has the makings of a decent captain as he done the job well when playing in Chelsea youth team.Not sure on Timlin, but really no others come to mind, Prosser it seems is very vocal but to my mind needs to improve his play, other for them perhaps Bentley, wonder what you people think, i enjoy constructive criticism, not destructive, so please post your thoughts on this matter.White maybe should be relieved of the captaincy to get his mind back to playing his role as a RB.Leonard to my mind after last season should be in the midfield along with Clifford,who earlier before Deegan arrived was playing so well, Timlin everyone used to say was best out on the left side.So why all the change no wonder Sufc are playing so bad.

You would drop Dedham? I would give him a contract and captaincy. Kevin maher esc (our most successful captain ever)

if you think shouting at people is a sign of good captaincy, then i feel sorry for you. there is far more to it than that. it needs to be someone that gets on well with as much of the squad as possible, someone that leads by example away from the pitch as well as on it. for example do you want to see your captain banged up for deflecting points, or falling out of a club at 3am? it also needs to be someone thats level headed. people will ignore a captain that is always shouting at them as it means nothing.

The trouble is that your captain needs to be the first on the team sheet and selected jn the starting XI every week, however based upon Brown changing things every week that would only leave Bentley as captain.

Personally White is not captain material for me.

Say we strip White of the captaincy and give it to Daniel Bentley or Ryan Leonard, it will change absolutely nothing. It won't suddenly make us play like a team and it won't suddenly stop Brown's negative tactics. All it's potentially going to do is knock the confidence of one of our most experienced pro's which will help us how exactly? When the chips are down it's amazing to see just how far the crosshairs extend to see White in the firing line, as he's probably just as ****ed off with the current affairs as we all are.

For the record, White is the right man for the job in my books. Experienced player in a higher league for the majority of his career, family man who knows how to behave, good temperament, reliable performer and someone who can lead by example. We don't need someone waving their arms, jumping up and down and shouting at anyone who will listen, as Brown does a perfectly good job of that himself on the sidelines.

I'm fed up of this crap too, but this witch hunt is laughable.

I don't think it does White or the team any favours having threads like this that discuss a possible change in captaincy half way through a season. It's a non starter for me - he is the captain and should remain the captain until either the manager changes or the season ends. Move on, and instead try to figure why we have about 10 midfielders, and can't pick between them.

Wouldn't be surprised if brown made himself available to play and gave himself the captaincy, EGO!

Doesnt matter who the captain is.

Those players who are natural leaders will do so whether they are captain are not. (Shouting a lot is not leading by the way..)

Sorry this is not a witch hunt ,but just a question i bought up because of all the threads on here in which many have stated that White is not doing a good job

Appreciate you're only going by the numerous threads in which he's being vilified by frustrated posters. I know it doesn't necessarily represent your own views.

Just a little sad to see how desperately we've fallen from grace when seemingly no one is exempt from a bit of finger pointing and scapegoating.

Appreciate you're only going by the numerous threads in which he's being vilified by frustrated posters. I know it doesn't necessarily represent your own views.

Just a little sad to see how desperately we've fallen from grace when seemingly no one is exempt from a bit of finger pointing and scapegoating.

Thats your fault.:smile:

Back