• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Love it when these refs apologise after the event - remember that one at Swindon a few years back that actually wrote to Tilly and apologised for sending Jeff off in error and generally having a mare?! :angry:

I guess it's ( slightly ) better that the guy admits he was wrong rather than the usual burying if the head and pretending all was well ......

This is just rubbing salt in the wound , he should be given our next home game where he can make amends and also get Worrall's card rescinded :)

Love it when these refs apologise after the event - remember that one at Swindon a few years back that actually wrote to Tilly and apologised for sending Jeff off in error and generally having a mare?! :angry:

I'd rather them apologise than not.

Only fair way of resolving this is to get all 5,174 fans back to Roots Hall, set the scoreboard to 1-1, get the players back out there and Drysdale in charge. Let him award the penalty and let us all sit there and not know whether to laugh or cry when Weston puts it up and over South Upper and somehow even clears the flats. We'll all then go home, have our tea and forget this ever happened. Failing that, the assistants should get Drysdale, hold one arm each and let Phil have one free slap in the face.

Only fair way of resolving this is to get all 5,174 fans back to Roots Hall, set the scoreboard to 1-1, get the players back out there and Drysdale in charge. Let him award the penalty and let us all sit there and not know whether to laugh or cry when Weston puts it up and over South Upper and somehow even clears the flats. We'll all then go home, have our tea and forget this ever happened. Failing that, the assistants should get Drysdale, hold one arm each and let Phil have one free slap in the face.

Sounds reasonable to me...ho hum

Move on. It's not the reason we failed to win and I'm still amazed that Brown blamed that for the failure to win at the weekend.

Had we pressed for a second goal instead of trying to defend the one goal we had then the penalty issue right or wrong would not have mattered .

Move on. It's not the reason we failed to win and I'm still amazed that Brown blamed that for the failure to win at the weekend.

It was a two second incident in a 97 minute match so I get what you mean but lets be honest if that penalty gets given then we probably win the match.

Fair play to him for holding his hands up. PB needs to accept responsibility as well though.

The ref did consult his linesman who was equally ignorant of the laws of the game. So any punishment, short of demoting them both to the Premiership for a week or three, will be a cop out by the F.A. I also want compensation for the loss of voice that I suffered as a consequence of their decision ;-)

He certainly didn't consult his Assistant, he immediately signalled no penalty without even looking in the Assistant's direction.

Correct, but he did consult, via his electronic gizmos, once we started complaining.

Had we pressed for a second goal instead of trying to defend the one goal we had then the penalty issue right or wrong would not have mattered .

If Worrall is pulled back attacking in the opposition's box, for the penalty to be incorrectly not given, then surely we must have been pressing for the second goal, or else, what is he doing in the opposition box?

And as Beefy says, the likliehood is we score the penalty and win the game.

Back