• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown: My work rate as Southend United manager cannot be questioned

Since Phil has been here has he signed anyone who has scored more than ten goals :unsure:

Since Phil has been here has he signed anyone who has scored more than ten goals :unsure:

Not really sure if that is relevant or what point you are trying to make. The front 3 last season was Corr, Hurst and Straker (all of them Sturrock signings - 2 of them got more than 10 last season) and the midfield 3 being Atkinson, Timlin and Leonard (only Atkinson being his signing).

As for Brown not being there, just seems another stick to bash him with. If he was there then I'm sure there would be calls saying there's no point in having Coughlan or Penney as "he doesn't trust them".

Christ people, if your not careful there won't be any toys left in your prams!

Absolutely.

I think people are overlooking the fact that there was nothing that Brown was going to learn from the game v Harlow by being there. If we had won and the fringe players performed well, then shock horror he would have realised that some professional fringe players could turn it on against opposition 3 or 4 levels below us. As it was, then they didn't perform which was disappointing and it confirmed what he already knew; that these fringe players aren't currently up to it.

He didn't need to be in attendance to come to either of those conclusions. As for how it looks, it's not a big deal and people are only making it so because of our poor league form and it's another criticism they can level at PB.

i agree with that.

Back