• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Somerset Ex-TTB

Members
Doesn't seem to be one of these yet, and with the news breaking of all the comings and goings today, might be some interesting team selections.

Mine assuming all the movements happen would be

Bentley
Williams Sokolik Prosser White
Worrall Leonard Timlin Hurst
Corr Lee

Bench of Smith, Deegan, Atkinson, Clifford, Payne, Thomson, Weston

Not even a spot for Colthirst??

I think Hurst's spell on the sidelines might have given him a kick up the bum, however as we are away I might be tempted to keep Atkinson in the side instead of Hurst.

Going for a 2-1 win to get our season back on track.

Doesn't seem to be one of these yet, and with the news breaking of all the comings and goings today, might be some interesting team selections.

Bentley
Corr Lee

I think Hurst's spell on the sidelines might have given him a kick up the bum, however as we are away I might be tempted to keep Atkinson in the side instead of Hurst.

Personally would rather see the full-backs play on their natural sides ;-)

I think I'd go for:

Bentley

White Sokolik Prosser Binman-Willams

Leonard Deegan Payne Worrall

Corr Lee​

Subs: Smith, Thompson, Atkinson, Clifford, Timlin, Hurst, Coulthirst,

....................................bentley...............................
Leonard.........sokolik............prosser..........williams
worrall......deegan..............timlin...........atkinson
....................corr..........lee....................................

Bentley
Corr Lee

Not sure what Hurst has done to deserve a place back in the starting 11.

Not sure what Hurst has done to deserve a place back in the starting 11.

Nor am I really, just think when he is on form he is one of the first names on the team sheet, and he needs a chance to get that form back. Unless that happens quickly he will be out the side for a long time, and probably out the club at the end of the season.

I am a fan of Hurst but dont think Mansfield away is a game to bring him back in.
Also 25k is not wasted on Bolger give the lad time, everyone has a bad spell.

My team tom

Bentley
White Sokolik Prosser Williams
Worrall Leonard Timlin Atkinson
Corr Lee

Bench of Smith. Bolger. Thompson. Degnan. Payne. Hurst. Coltihurst.

Unlucky for Clifford to not get on the bench.
I would not put him on it but cant see PB leaving Weston off the bench

As per the above post for me. Hurst will come back in for the FA cup game.

I think Deegan has to start. He's that player that when I see someone like that play against us, I always think "why don't we ever have a player like that?" i.e. someone that can grab a game by the balls, knows his way round the pitch and in his case can seemingly play a bit too.

Bentley

White
Williams
Sokolik
Prosser

Worrell
Leonard
Clifford
Timlin

Corr
Lee

Four four ****ing two.

Bentley

White
Williams
Sokolik
Prosser

Worrell
Leonard
Clifford
Timlin

Corr
Lee

Four four ****ing two.

That looks like a good team to me.

Think he will go for Deegan instead of Clifford, although personally I think Deegan is best in a 3 central midfield role when he doesnt have to offer anything going forward.

Wasn't on my list of away trips but after the excellent signings i'm going to have to try and make this, god how I hate these northern dumps

Wasn't on my list of away trips but after the excellent signings i'm going to have to try and make this, god how I hate these northern dumps
The ground is 3 sided with the stand opposite the main one shut with advertising boards the whole length which gives an odd appearance but the away end is probably one of the best in this league. It is modern, good seats, brilliant view and good leg room. There is good parking at the ground and it is certainly is not a dump.
I was there last season and must admit to being impressed by the standard of the away stand behind the goal.
Some northern grounds are poor but the Hall is not that impressive for visitors either. :smile:

That looks like a good team to me.

Think he will go for Deegan instead of Clifford, although personally I think Deegan is best in a 3 central midfield role when he doesnt have to offer anything going forward.
Clifford will not be close as he was in the Harlow game Tuesday and no one got any glory out of that performance, Clifford was not the worst by far , but was lucky that he wasn't in front of a card happy ref as he could have easily been sent off for some of his challenges

The ground is 3 sided with the stand opposite the main one shut with advertising boards the whole length which gives an odd appearance but the away end is probably one of the best in this league. It is modern, good seats, brilliant view and good leg room. There is good parking at the ground and it is certainly is not a dump.
I was there last season and must admit to being impressed by the standard of the away stand behind the goal.
Some northern grounds are poor but the Hall is not that impressive for visitors either. :smile:
Thanks for that, now all I have to do is avoid the fat lasses and black pudding :smile:

Back