• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Confirmed: Southend United sign Elliot Lee on loan from West Ham United & Jakub Sokol

" He can also be that goal threat from midfield that we have been missing the last few games "

I think you mean seasons!

The reason I said few games was because during the winning streak, Clifford and Payne were a threat from midfield.

But yes you are right overall the last few seasons.

From what I told Sokolik was playing RB for Yeovil recently, can't imagine him being well suited to that so not surprised his confidence is shot.

Just logged on and good news all round

Sokolik was class last year at the back and I believe he will form a good partnership with Prosser at the back. Prosser always plays better when he is not the main man in the centre back partnership.

As for the Striker, don't know much about him but to be fair he cannot be worse than we have already.

Barnard, Oh good Lord Barnard. You came, you saw, you were found wanting. Shame but as with Freddy just not the same players who left us first time round.

Good bit of business in my opinion but what do I know !:smile:

Can't wait to see Sokolik win the ball high up the pitch like a cruise missile through the back of a striker.

Comments and thoughts from the "Brown Out Now" brigade ?

Sokolik is a player that, having taken him with a view to a permanent move, we should have secured on a permanent deal before the end of last season. That deal should have been sealed before we let him test the market. Even once he'd tested the market we should have better sold the club and the opportunity he'd get at Southend - him not having a bank of goodwill to fall back on and losing his place is the very scenario I painted when I was arguing that he should join Southend.

It's also a poor indictment on Brown's transfer business that, having already signed 3 centre-halves - including one for a fee - plus offered a new deal to a 4th, he's having to go into the market once more. This is a theme we are increasingly seeing.

I just hope that both loans are with views to a permanent move in January, otherwise it's just applying a sticky-plaster rather than a permanent solution. We might have the 36th longest serving manager (or whatever it is) but we don't have continuity in the team.

Sokolik is a player that, having taken him with a view to a permanent move, we should have secured on a permanent deal before the end of last season. That deal should have been sealed before we let him test the market. Even once he'd tested the market we should have better sold the club and the opportunity he'd get at Southend - him not having a bank of goodwill to fall back on and losing his place is the very scenario I painted when I was arguing that he should join Southend.

It's also a poor indictment on Brown's transfer business that, having already signed 3 centre-halves - including one for a fee - plus offered a new deal to a 4th, he's having to go into the market once more. This is a theme we are increasingly seeing.

I just hope that both loans are with views to a permanent move in January, otherwise it's just applying a sticky-plaster rather than a permanent solution. We might have the 36th longest serving manager (or whatever it is) but we don't have continuity in the team.
Anything else you would like to lay the blame on PB for ? Global warming, Middle East conflict ? :smile:

Just read the article and not happy!...... And the reason... I've travelled from Prague for my first game of the season without my Southend United Czech Republic flag only to read now that Jakub Sokolik will play.... Maybe he would have had an inspired performance knowing that Prague Blue was cheering him on.... Sakra!

Just read the article and not happy!...... And the reason... I've travelled from Prague for my first game of the season without my Southend United Czech Republic flag only to read now that Jakub Sokolik will play.... Maybe he would have had an inspired performance knowing that Prague Blue was cheering him on.... Sakra!
You come from a beautiful city , I was out there this time last year with my wife , we had a really great time and went to St Cyrils to lay some flowers in memory of the seven parachutists .

I'm really pleased and very surprised that Sokolik is back with us, I thought he was immense last season. I'm amazed he isn't a regular at Yeovil, however their loss is our gain. This is the perfect tonic as our other centre halves have been poor this season. This should help Prosser too and take a bit of pressure off of him. All we need now is for Peter Taylor to realise he should've signed Ibenfeldt instead of Egan and do a swap deal :smile:

A new striker and a decent CB. I guess if it takes you 15 league games to come to the same conclusion that most fans did before the season started then you definitely deserve a 4 year contract.

Why are so many people slating Bolger? Yes he hasn't had a good start this season and his confidence looks shot to pieces, but he's a young lad that's moved to a new area, give him time I'm sure he'll come good in the end

Agreed. It might be that he is finding that life in lowly division 4 is tougher than expected ..... but he can still come good with some good management. :thumbsup:

Why are so many people slating Bolger? Yes he hasn't had a good start this season and his confidence looks shot to pieces, but he's a young lad that's moved to a new area, give him time I'm sure he'll come good in the end

Probably the people on here who are slating Bolger, are the same ones who hounded out Matt Harold - another young man who wasn't given a fair crack of he whip!

I would imagine Lee and Sokolik will both be cup tied for next week's game. However, if they aren't, then that could be indicative of whether the parent club wants to keep them...

Out of the two I preferred Egan last season, but nevertheless, am pleased to hear Sokolik is back. If I was Adam Thompson though, I'd be pretty miffed.

I would imagine Lee and Sokolik will both be cup tied for next week's game. However, if they aren't, then that could be indicative of whether the parent club wants to keep them...
I can't see BFS needing Lee for the FA Cup so expect him to play next week, yet don't see that as an indication of him not wanting him back in the future. He's seen enough to know what he's about. You could call it a test for Lee, though I actually think it's about getting him good competitive game time, as he's too good for the reserves / development team. (Both Rio and Defoe were loaned out as was Glen Johnson).
I can see Lee banging them in, then the loan being extended to the end of the season. As for the Czech lad, from what I've read, it's doubtful he'll play for Yeovil again.

Back